1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

METRO's president caught looking at gay p*rn at work

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets Pride, Jul 28, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Sorry, I don't swing that way, not that there is anything wrong with it.

Just saying people should be using their own devices, and not company property if they wish to partake in the vices of the interwebs.

DD

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't require racist or anyone to be a fan of blacks
    never have. . never will
    Simply treat people as equals

Please. . . point to any 'buffoonery' I have spilled concerning gay folx
    I will await the examples.
    Until then . . . . please you and your ilk . . .can cease your attempts to paint me as a homophobe.

Rocket River

3. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Your language is funny, and I'm not talking about the cluttered, 'black-wheelchair-kid-from-malcolm-in-the-middle' style you call a posting format.

You see, you keep playing between these positive and negative poles, and you claim to exist (politically) in all God's tolerance and peace in between them, in the gay agnosticism. In this example, falling between hate and love of gays may clear you of being a homophobe, or a gay, but your logic is opposing the purest precepts of equality, which can be achieved only by a social and racial awareness evolved beyond simple tolerance. It's not about how tolerant you are of other demographics, or even your own demographics. There are plenty of ideas, programs, and even (and especially) people to whom being intolerant would be just. It's complex, intelligent tolerance as a means to equality.

It is this collective growth, which our prejudiced natures so desperately need, that help us build a more progressive tolerance that defends her peripheral defendants in good faith, not just favoring the defense of 'hot-ticket' cliques of the oppressed, like gays, or blacks, or whatever. This should be our social agenda. Defense of indiscriminate equality.

Widely employed, your idealistic logic of non-committal tolerance would quickly be overrun by human nature and politic. The strong would seize the opportunity to trump the weak or indifferent mindsets, and inevitably, the reproduction of human political struggle would reinforce a whole new order of inequality. The presence of prejudice persists in the human condition, and it is this greater force that we are fighting rather than being pro-gay, anti-gay, or any other simple dynamic of 'favorablity' (which your ideology has already so progressively truncated).

I don't think you're a homophobe. You do sound a little defensive about being called out for it. Jussayin'.

1 person likes this.
  4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Not a bad attempt, but shipwreck's was a little more authentic.

EDIT: Oops...

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

what a whack conditional apology

6. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

donks trying to make sense of it all

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

watch that wide stance, rockets pride.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*shrug* It is to be expected.
    I know what is being done. . . kind of like a whisper campaign
    no true evidence of anything .. . so they figure they say it enough
    people will beleive it . .. . .

I have been asking for quotes and evidence for like 3 weeks now
    and
    None have surfaced

They are very much Republican like in this movement.

Rocket River

9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I don't think there really is any evidence or quote to find. You (and pgabriel) have bristled when the gay rights struggle was compared to the civil rights movement (or the African American struggle more to the point) but I don't think either of you has said anything that could be construed as anti-gay.