1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

METRO North Line opening December 21

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da1, Oct 24, 2013.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I admit I assumed. I would like to correct that: I was wrong, YOU WILL whine about it.
    Even if you promise to pay millions, other people don't have your money. Don't lie. You won't pay.
    No. I'm patient. Your exaggeration of time of wait is far more than the reality. Would you allow me to light a stick of dynamite in your mouth? Of course NOT.
    LOL @ saying Main is 90 and that this is the problem of making it into 1 lane... :grin: ahhahahaha... the 90-to-Main-in-1-lane (rhymes) takes about 10 miles to happen. Begone with that "reduce" argument.
    That IS better than what we DIDN't have? Please don't tell me it's worse, because it's not.

You still haven't answered if you're in your 20's. :cool: was I right?

2. da1

da1 Member

Most of those systems are metro based though.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

if you build it they will come...

and that means everybody, people, business, public works, law enforcement, etc... seems logical that you need to build infrastructure first as part of city planning. houston has been doing it the opposite direction since forever.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

can you explain what you mean by that?

5. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

houston.. where if its broke, and halfway works.. dont do anything

6. Grinds

Grinds Member

How does one multiple quote?

1 person likes this.
  7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

8. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Pretty much. There's a reason why Houston is openly labeled as the worst planned city in America in urban planning classrooms.

And the worst part is that Houstonians grow up thinking that this model actually works. The moment a city council candidate even utters the word zoning law, they're automatically tossed to the curb for someone else. I can't think of another city where urban planning is actually reviled the way it is in Houston.

9. da1

da1 Member

Grade separated heavy rail

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Upper right hand corner of the post you want to quote.

11. da1

da1 Member

This is so true. Many transit projects have been built and ridership has hit marks way before expected.

12. SwoLy-D

EDIT:
    Bottom line, Grinds... I want less pollution, better traffic, less cars on the road, and smooth transition for the "less-fortunate" or "low-income" areas... they get this, we get less cars on the road. Sue me, man.

+Repped.
    I know where MAIN starts. I've traversed the entire MAIN street before.

Oh, the multi-answer to your points? :eek: I use a combination of "knowing VBulletin code" and some systematic response sense.
    No. He's not asking how to quote multiple peeps, which is what you showed him. He's asking about how I cut his entire quote... and answer each question / point separately.

I use [/quote]

#52 SwoLy-D, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll go ahead and jump on board the departing D&D Express: You're a ****ing moron.

The character you've created really is a poor-man's Colbert. We get it: you're supposedly the son of Indian immigrants who has been given everything in his life, but hates those beneath him.

Please, Trader_Jorge, come back! At you least T_J could write well, made grammatical sense and had a schtick that wasn't the equivalent of Rush Limbaugh's night terrors.

14. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Amsterdam and Toronto are not grade separated. Those systems run on city streets mixed with cars. Again, that's just off the top of my head that I've personally witnessed. definitely not an exhaustive list. Now that I'm thinking, Istanbul also has street level light rail that shares the road with cars.

15. Grinds

Grinds Member

16. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

lol. watching the fannin line operate is a comedy show. i think i can walk faster to downtown from the med center.

18. Grinds

Grinds Member

19. SwoLy-D

Go for it. :eek: Let us know how THAT project goes...

Thanks, Grinds... feeble attempts to mastering the VBulletin code. :p

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The first metro rail line at least connected interesting and highly-trafficked things: med center, downtown, Rice University/Hermann Park, Reliant complex.

What the hell is this line serving? It goes from the north part of downtown to just outside loop 610 North. No major employment centers (aside from its southern terminus), just low density residential and low-density industrial areas. Seems like a terrible choice for a rail line.