1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[metalheads] recent/upcoming shows?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by finalsbound, Dec 4, 2009.

1. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

it's been a couple months since i've seen a good metal band live. tomorrow, there is a band called the faceless playing at the meridian that i might check out. i've listened to them online a bit and they're a pretty good prog band in the mold of between the buried and me (who will be in town in january, hell yes).

has anyone been to any good shows lately or know of any good ones coming up? i'd love to discover some new music or cool venues. i normally stick to the meridian, even though it's jam-packed with 15 year-old boys with black fingernails.

any band/venue/upcoming show recommendations appreciated. :]

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I believe, Tommorrow I Die play at Super Happy Fun Land on the 18th.

3. Convictedstupid

Im waiting for The Black Dahlia Murder to come. Thatll probably be my next show, whenever that is.

4. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I have no idea, but I'd love to find out whose going to be in Houston while I'm home for Xmas.

I plan on keep my eye out, in this thread and via other means.

\m/ >_< \m/

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

6. ToyYodaSender

ToyYodaSender Member

Slayer and Megadeth are coming to the Verizon Wireless on the 29th of January. Those are two bands that have been thrashin' since the 80's.What type metal bands are you into?

7. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Of course it's on the 29th. Which is when I'll be back in school after the break.

Sigh.

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

:mad:

I saw Slayer a couple of months ago with Marilyn Manson and Killswitch Engage. Killswitch and Slayer blew Manson off the stage (although he closed).

I am tempted to make this show although I'll also be starting up school again. If any fellow BBSers are going, hit a 'Pimp up!

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

There's always the juggalo show, yo.

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i would love to see slayer and megadeth, but $50 a pop is a little rough right now.

as for the type i like, i pretty much like any kind of metal, minus the ones with whiny/nasally/emo singers. i don't care how good the music is, i can't deal with ****ty vox.

i like the classic metal bands, but my favorite kind is progressive death metal. just the really technically mind-blowing, experimental stuff that is structured enough to appreciate yet still crazy enough to inspire people to injure each other during shows. love between the buried and me, into the moat, cannibal corpse, mastadon, zao. a broad range of subgenres.

also if i'm in the right mood i can go for some grindcore. although, i retired from grindcore concerts after splitting my lip open a few years ago at a cattle decapitation show. i can deal with bruises, but not blood. :(

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

FYI, my favorite Austin metal band, The Sword, will be playing in Houston on Jan 24th at Warehouse Live.