1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Met Sean Elliott

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tariq, Dec 31, 2003.

1. tariq

tariq Member

Folks,

Yesterday I was flying from Hartford to Atlanta via Delta and Sean Elliot was sitting a couple of rows behind me in first class.

Since he was sleeping most of the flight (it was a 6.20 am flight), I only got to talk to him after we got off the plane in Atlanta. I told him I was a Rockets fan, (he smiled at that) and asked him what he thought about Francis and Ming.

Sean's answer was, and I am paraphrasing:
    "Both are good but they need to get better before they can win it all"

When I asked him do you think Francis can become a Jason Kidd/Stockton type of point guard, he said:
    "He can get even better if he wants to, its all upto him"

Thats my report - sorry Rockhead, no pictures as I had no camera on me.

-Tariq

2. DCballer

DCballer Member

That guy is the biggest homer. Met him, can't stand him.

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Yeah right, DCBaller, just like you've got Colin Pine's number in your cel phone;)

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

If you wanted to know what Elliott really thought about Francis, you should have asked if Steve would ever get as good as Jesus Parker. :D

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Elliot doesn't know his peanut head from his arse.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Robert Horry for Sean Elliot. Count up the rings.

7. DCballer

DCballer Member

Hey across...eat one!:D

8. feishen

feishen Member

Hahahahaha. His name should be Sean Idiot. Cant stand that guy, biggest homer ever.

9. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Sean Elliot has to be one of the 2 or 3 most painful commentators to listen to on the League Pass games.... even when he tries to compliment the opposing team it comes out as an insult. Here is the kind of thing he would say:

"That was a great shot by Francis. If Duncan were in the game, he would have blocked it into the forth row."

10. nuone

nuone Member

how do you mean, painful?

does he put you to sleep or you can't understand what is he saying?

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Its more like he makes no sense in his basketball jibberish. He would compliment coop perfectly

12. montelwilliams

He loves the Spurs. He doesn't like the other teams too much. Interesting encounter with him.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

you mean the one with the ring?? the one who showed up big time in big games? just checking....

i'm a huge rocket fan...but i'm tired of rocket fan comparing a group of players that can't even get to the playoffs to players who've come up big when it counts most. basketball is more than just talent and showmanship.

14. GATER

No, I meant the one that rode Tim Duncan's coattails. :D

If we used your ring logic, Robert Horry is a HOF lock and Barkley will never get in.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

no...barkley made big plays in the playoffs...he made huge plays in the playoffs, particularly in 93...our boys haven't even been to the playoffs. meanwhile, parker is making a difference on a team that's winning championships. no, he's not the REASON they're winning championships...but he's hitting big shots and playing big when his team needs it. these guys on our team now have NEVER, EVER, NEVER done that.

16. GATER

Max -
    Part of making big plays in the playoffs is getting there. Put Duncan on the current Rockets and even without Yao it's instant playoffs

I'm not blind to the inconsistent level of decision making on the current Rockets. But for all of the "clutch" aspects you are trying to affix to Parker, etc...they fact is...when Duncan was injured earlier in the season the Spurs flat out stunk...

Back to the original point of my first post in this thread...

I have no problem admitting Tony Parker is a decent player. But I was viewing NBALP for Parkers' first game. From that game forward, Sean Elliott and Joel Meyers talk Parker up as if he is the best PG in the entire league. (Which is where "Jesus" Parker orginated). The level of ability Elliott ascribes to Parker is pure BS...and you know it.

17. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

He's not Hispanic :rolleyes:

;)

18. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

Rudy T rode Hakeem's coattails, but everyone here considers him a Hall of fame coach.. Hmmmmm :D