1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Met Scott Machado Today...

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by PooleBoi7, Feb 27, 2013.

1. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

Random ish....So I'm in McAllen for work this week about to head back to ATX. I stop by Chic-Fil-A before I hit the rode, and Scott Machado walks in.

I didn't know it was him at first. The clerk called out my order and I bumped into him and said "Excuse me bro". As I took my bag, I said, "hey man, aren't you Scott Machado?" He was like, "Yeah man". I had a pretty mid-level conversation with him.

Me: Big ups to you man. Hopefully you get called back up to the Rockets.
    Scott: Yeah, man...it's been pretty crazy, but that's how the game goes.
    Me: Ya'll have any games coming up anytime soon?
    Scott: Yeah. About to fly out to Santa Cruz later on this evening.
    Me: Cool bro, good luck. Keep doing your thing. You got talent man. I look forward to seeing you back in the league. How's the transition been?
    Scott: It's been cool man. I'm excited. I just gotta keep on working. You from out here?
    Me: Nah. I'm from Houston originally. I'm just out here for work.
    Scott: What do you do?
    Me: I work for a health IT company....make healthcare software. Have a few offices we're implementing down here.
    Scott: That's a bet.
    Me: Where you from?
    Scott: New York
    Me: Ahh man, you gotta like Texas in comparison to New York. You liking this weather?
    Scott: Actually like it better. It gets too cold up there, but there's no place like NY.
    Me: Man I can't get used to it. I got fam in Chicago. It gets too damn cold.
    Scott: haha yeah...etc etc etc

In all, he's a pretty down to earth dude. I didn't take a picture. That's to groupiesque. Woulda been awkward after all the convo...

2. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

would read again :confused:

3. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Like any great romancer, he was trying to make you talk more about yourself.

5. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

6. Pringles

Pringles Member

It was cool that he was asking about your life (no offense at all).

1 person likes this.
  7. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

He was hoping you were Darrell Morrie.

1 person likes this.