1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Merrick Garland potentially misled congress

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Nov 16, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes not all Republicans are Trumpists but I would say the white blue collar working class craps on the Lincoln Project routinely. It's only the suburban conservative white collar workers that support the Lincoln Project side of the Republican party.

And majority of the GOP base is going to be the white blue collar worker and their family.

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Ok... I'm not saying who's who.. Just saying that you cannot group all Republicans together... You have a separation within the republican party...

T_Man

Astrodome likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

I wish I could agree with you but an overwhelming majority of registered Republicans that voted in 2020 voted for Donald Trump.

Further there are a number of polls showing that a majority of Republicans believe that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don’t care about the lying. What I want to know is if Garland likes beer. I mean really really likes beer.

jiggyfly, No Worries and Rashmon like this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah I wish there were enough of those "Conservative Republicans" left to really make a difference but unfortunately they have almost no power left in the party and therefore they get sort of dismissed in the conversation. I mean the 12 Republicans that voted for roads and bridges are getting death threats led by people like Marjorie Traitor Greene who goes unchecked by party leaders.

But yeah... dismissing "the middle" or "Independents" or whatever you want to call them is problematic for sure. Some are "Conservative Republicans" whose principles would get them death threats if they voted with common sense on bipartisan issues, and some are just purposefully uninformed people who don't pay attention in order to maintain their sanity (I envy them).

The Democratic party when factoring in elections 100% cannot dismiss these voters because yes they do vote, and they'll vote for a Republicans 7 days a week if they feel like they have any reason to. The power of Right Wing propaganda mixed with the electoral college loophole mixed with gerrymandering will ALWAYS favor that middle swing voter going right when they are allowed to.

dmoneybangbang and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, wasn't the approval like 78% among Republicans? It's like they owned it and caved in after living in "winning".

It's their long covid.

Props to the Lincoln Project though. Gives them some breathing space when posterity looks back on them from an asthmatic's POV.

Nook likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

Uhhhhh. We’ve had looting and riots many times throughout our history.

The same can’t be said of the events of Jan6 and the election lie which is overwhelming supported by you and yours.

Based on your immigration rhetoric, you’d rather this country crumble than change its racial makeup. The altruism of “less population” growth seems really hollow.

8. dmoneybangbang

Quantify split…. Or more accurately quantify conservative approval for The Big Lie and Trump.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

How many times does a person have to get caught doing moronic things before they realize they are a moron?

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

With Trump, never.

11. T_Man

Wow dude you sound just like Giona and Astrodome when they say like ALL Democrats...

Lumping all Republicans together is like lumping all Democrats together and it's not true.. There are plenty of Democrats who cannot stand Hillary Clinton..

This is why I'm an Independent.. You guys all act the same.. Just for different parties....

T_Man

peleincubus likes this.
  12. T_Man

As long as Trump is alive the Republican party is going to have more and more issues
    Half or 3/4 is not the same as all..

Man... Like I said you are just as bad as Astrodome...

T_Man

Astrodome likes this.
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with 3/4 of this. I only participate in the DnD so it's not an echo chamber. I agree with the leftists plenty but they have enough of a voice in this forum.

14. dmoneybangbang

So you’d rather not admit it isn’t “split” and that a majority of the GOP support Trump and believe that the election was rigged?

You sound like someone who is trying to dance around the issue, not an “independent”.

15. dmoneybangbang

This is what I said. I didn’t say all conservatives or all GOP. It would seem like you are a conservative leaning independent since you took offense…. Especially since it isn’t “split” as you claimed.

Just look at how many GOPers stood up for Liz Cheney because she dared speak out against Trump.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Or how many republicans voted to censure gosar? I think that number was... two.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. T_Man

I never stated that anything a minority or a majority... I stated that you cannot group ALL republicans together as loving Trump... Like grouping ALL Democrats together and saying they love Hillary Clinton...

Now if you want to say a Majority loves Trump... You are correct.. But there is a Minority no matter how small that is, don't agree or like Trump..

BTW.. I look and choose the best candidate that I feel will do the best job... I don't care what their party affiliation is...

T_Man

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You may be surprised to know this, but threatening physical harm against an individual or their family members is a criminal offense.

Not sure you understand the role of the FBI. Their job isn't to tell the local authorities what to do. It's to investigate violations of federal law. The police are free to do an investigation on violations of state and local laws.

Also, Garland was addressing complaints, not threats of violence. Not sure how you can connect those two things. Suggesting that investigating someone for a crime is the same thing as if they were just complaining doesn't make sense. If school board members had a reasonable fear that they might be targeted from certain opinions, they have every right to seek out assistance from the FBI.

19. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what, pray tell, is the electoral college loophole?

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hear you and agree not all Republicans are Trumpists but that group is being purged out of the party. I really hope they do because we do need an actual Conservative voice in this country, not the nationalistic populism that is Trumpism. Unfortunately principled Conservatives like Jeff Flake are now more hated by rank and file Republicans than they are by Democrats.