1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Men]Shaving

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

You ever gotten a shave from that place? Expensive but totally worth it. I've used their products too and I agree with what you're saying as far as how smooth it can be

2. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I use the bic single blade disposables with some Brut shaving foam. Then I slap on some shave secret as my after shave lotion. That works for me.

3. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

I used a Braun electric razor for about 15 years. Just recently I switched to a double-edge safety razor and I love it. It's turned shaving from a chore to a morning ritual. Shaving time becomes 'me' time.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Just wanna say Braun is the shiznit.

However due to some equipment constantly getting lost and/or broken, I use a razor :(

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You really have to just try out a lot of different things. Different razors, gels, soaps, etc. Trial and error. Eventually you'll find what works for you. Don't copy others.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I shave most days, but can get by with every other day. Work gives me a hard time if I don't shave by the third day, and by the 4th day it drives me nuts.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Best electric shaver I ever had was a Panasonic. Better still I got it for a huge discount at Frys. It had a thin foil head and really fast motor. I later switched to a Braun that is OK but isn't as close or comfortable as the panasonic.

I will make the move to a safety razor and soap/brush approach. The idea of putting a warm lather seems to make sense and the blade shaving seems to cut closer and leaves a smaller stubble. Did some research and will try the Edwin Jagger DE89L (seems a good compromise of weight, length, and cost). When I shave with a the Fusion and canned creme it seems to take the same amount of time and I get a closer shave. Looking forward to spending more me time...

8. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

anyone using dollar shave club? I don't like their most expensive blade. It's hard as hell to get the hairs out of the blades. The second most expensive is the best IMO

9. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Best thing I've ever done for my face. Proraso pre and post shave potion also is key.

10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Same here...done in 1-2 mins tops. Not sure why I used to shave outside the shower, it's such a waste of time and it's messy as hell. I have a shower mirror and I cup my hand below my chest to use as a water basin to rinse the razor off ever so often.

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

I have to shave everyday, and I still get some scruff. It's ridiculous.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Reviving this thread, as I have been shaving with a DE (double edge or safety razor) for a little over a month now. I have started collecting razors: I started with a cheap Weishi, then a 1965 Gillette Slim adjustable, then bought two 1958 Gillette SuperSpeed TV Specials, then a Cadet Open Comb, and for Father's day I will get a Edwin Jagger DE89L. I use CO Bigelow shaving creme (same stuff as Poraso) and alternate between Aqua Velva and Old Spice after shave (brings back memories of my dad and shaving). and I usually take 20-30 minutes, the shaves are really close and comfortable, and I look forward to shaving every day.

Definitely recommend it.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've always hated using disposable razors because they carve up my face like a jack o'lantern. I also hate using non-disposable razors because they are so overpriced.

I recently started using these:

[​IMG]

I buy them in bulk from Amazon and it comes out to about $1/razor. Combined with this:

[​IMG]

and I think I've finally found the perfect combination for the perfect shave.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I shave at work a lot :grin:

15. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Are yall hair or bare down there?

I trim my pubes but use a razor blade to shave my balls and anus(yes im extra careful)

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Morning, every 3-4 days I shave my neck and above my cheeks. I trim my beard every 2-4 weeks to keep it "clean" and "work friendly" I use shaving cream.

17. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

for those that shave when you shower. You ever get any hair wash down and inside your pee hole?

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Can't shave in the shower, got that iron man beard.

19. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right there with you, Homie!

I joined about 3 weeks ago, and my first blade still feels brand new! Gonna dial it down to every other month now, which would mean I will only be paying 3 bucks a month for top quality blades sent to my house.

Best deal ever?

20. conquistador#11

how did the pharaohs have perfect facial hair? Aliens?