1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Men]Shaving

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

yeah i don't comprehend. you can't take a 5 minute shower (if you're rushed) and spend 5 minutes shaving? If you have a "big event" and you didn't give yourself 10 minutes to get ready, you have some time management issues to figure out..

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Shower then shave. Don't use shaving cream but do use disposable women's razors.

I shave every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. On Friday, if I don't have any important work planned, I'll skip it.

Never on Saturday.

Sunday only if I'm going to church.

1 week vacation... never.

2 week+ vacation... once or twice.

On fires... maybe once every 3-4 days.

Weddings and funerals... yes.

Family reunions... depends.

High School reunions... yes, as I have to show the ladies what they missed out on.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

LOL! :D Not quite but a lot of people cannot believe how fast my hair grows. I hate it actually. I get my hair cut damn near bald but still need a renewal every 2 weeks.

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I hate shaving with a passion. My skin is very sensitive as I once was shaving every other day but I had to quit because I was getting red marks and razor burn on my face. Now, I just shave twice a week - Wednesdays and Sundays and always after I take a shower in the morning. Granted, I can get a heavy beard after 2 days without shaving but I feel that I actually get a closer shave when I have gone 2 to 3 days without shaving compared to 1 or 0 days. There have been a couple of times where I have worried that people at work might say something to me about carrying some 5 o'clock shadow but so far they haven't said anything.

5. Asian Sensation

Tell me about .........

Shaving.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

So do you guys go against the grain? Especially for that damn stubble in the mustache area...

7. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I always shave against the grain. It's the only way I can get away with shaving every other day. If you want to do so make sure you're using the Gillette Fusion and either shave secret oil or a really good cream like Dr. Galen's.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think the one thing in the world every man should splurge on is a top-of-the-line electric shaver.

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Double-edge safety razor with Dorco blades using a shaving soap puck and badger brush.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

For you cheap, lazy bastards such as myself there is the DollarShaveClub (site is running slow)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZUG9qYTJMsI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  11. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Does the shave secret oil help prevent ingrown hairs when shaving against the grain? I had to switch to an electric razor to get that "against the grain" smoothness but I personally prefer a razor.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I use Shave Secret oil, it's dirt cheap at Wal-Mart, don't even need any shaving cream.

13. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

lol awesome. repped.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Lin doesn't shave, therefore I don't shave.

15. Franchize

Franchize Member

How do you shave? You guys go down or up?

16. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Man up, beard up. No neckbeards though.

17. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I have one of those suction cup mirrors in the shower and my shaving cream and razor on one of those shower caddies. Takes me about 1-2 mins to shave and just a second to rinse. Always with the grain...I could probably go against but I get razor burn unless I have a brand new razor and take my time. Eff that though, it looks the same either way.

Damn 10 mins to shave? Are you using a straight razor or something? :confused:

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

I have gone electric, not recommended for the shower unless cordless.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Real men electric shave in the shower.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I now have all the products from Art of Shaving and use them regularly. I love it. It's added about 20 minutes to my morning routine, but the shave is great, and I have fewer bumps than I did before.

After shower I wet my face with hot water, then use the pre-shave oil. Then I use a little of the shaving cream, and mix it with the brush. I then use the brush to apply a thin layer of shaving cream. I brush with the grain at first, and then I come back over the same area this time going against the grain. (The directions on the shaving products say to lather up again, but I don't. My razor will still have some shaving cream on it.) The whiskers on the bottom of my neck grow up, and the whiskers on top grow downward. So in order to go with the grain I have to switch directions.

After shaving I rinse with cold water, then apply after shave. Then I use the toner, and apply some moisturizer. It's made a huge difference in how smoothe the shave is, and how soft my skin on my face has become.