1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Memphis] Rockets have inquired about 2nd pick.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FishBulb913, Jun 9, 2009.

1. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

That's frustrating.

And thanks for the extraction, larsv8!

Apparently more Houston fans visiting EPSN web site than Knicks fans or Celtics fans. The editor whoever granted the title of that article is definitely a member of the "Title Mob" (标题党)- someone who relied on intriguing titles of their articles to attract viewers.

2. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Based on history, I think the Rox don't draft talents coming from Houston...if 2nd pick is really ours here's the scenario: if Brooks is included, we get Rubio...if TMac is shipped out, we get Harden.

3. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

What if Ron Artest is signed and shipped?????? Sign Rubi boy and trade Tmac, Brooks & Landry for Amare and Richardson! That would be freaking crazy! :eek:

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Very interesting development. It's always nice to see Morey being so aggressive and inventive on the trade fronts. Do I like this idea? I mean, in most drafts i'd be going NUTS at the prospect of acquiring the #2 overall pick for Brooks/Hayes/future pick. This draft, though? Outside of Blake Griffin there's nobody I really consider to a top five draft pick in a normal draft. I know there are some solid prospects but just nobody that BLOWS me away outside of Griffin. Now, if the Clippers, in typical Clipper fashion, display their usual ineptitude and [for some unholy reason] pass on Griffin then, yeah, sign me up for this 110%.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I thought we're in win-now mode?

Getting an early pick is nice, but if we want to win we need experience. We're probably going to trade that 2nd pick for another player.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Ricky Rubio is really a talent player from the video I seen.
    I don't know how to post youtube video, just give a link here!
    Ricky Rubio

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

We're not drafting a backup center with the #2 pick.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

inknown commodities?....NOT SMART!!!

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I wonder who is favorite player is because he plays and looks like Pistol Pete Maravich.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

There have been plenty of Point Guard and other players who were hyped up and did not pan out.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

I can't believe someone is actually saying Artest will be the one traded.

A)He will not want to play in Memphis unless they really overpay for him.

B)Why would Memphis want to sign him to a new deal when they already have Rudy Gay there?

12. battousai

battousai Member

My question is who are we going to give up in order to land that number 2 pick?

money? future picks? cap relief?

I am sure brian cook would be one of them as his salary expires in 2010.

would cook and berry plus future picks and cash be enough? would they like wafer?

I don't think tmac would be involved at this point. he is just too big of a bait to be wasted on a number 2 pick. if this was number 1 pick on last year with rose, then it could be worth it.

Darko, is an interesting player that could be backup for Yao. he can practice with Yao and play some meaningful mins at the 5 or 4. he would be a much better backup than camby in long run.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Finally!

Very simple and clean and sensical.

Why are we even discussing Thabeet? He's gonna drop like a rock on draft day. This is another Shelden Williams pick or worse waiting to happen. Morey is not that r****ded.

14. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I like Darco as backup for Yao. He's going into his prime years and is pretty solid young big.

Now think about this about Rubio. Ideally how would you like your oversea draft pick to be? You want him to be yong, already the best in international competition, all around instead of one-dimensional, good performance against US stars in world champ or Olympics, from a country with many successful players in NBA... Now you get all of those in Rubio. From that perspective, Rubio's risk is even lower than Yao as No. 1 in 2002(younger, more international success, from Spain).

Simply put, if Rubio can't be taken as Top2 pick then nobody from oversea should ever be taken as Top2 pick. He's the type of intenational draft pick at least once in a decade(We have 3 or 4 No.1 overall pick from China, Spain, Italy in the past decade already, don't we?)

15. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

We need stability at the back up C position..if 2nd pick is already in the bag..Rubio or Harden for the Rox.

16. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

The guy PALM the ball a lot if you guys noticed on some of his montage vids. That will down grade his play in the NBA. Then again he looks like a steve nash and manu ginobly

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

shelden williams was undersized....no one really wanted wlliams as a top pick except for the Hawks, for some reasont hey were in love with him....but thabeet is pretty much a lock to go top 3 or 4 even if the teams fdrafting changed.

As for drafting a # 2 as a back up.....it all depends on what else we do....his shot blocking abilities, length, and athleticism are something we desperately need....he's also capable of playing the 4 spot against certain PFs.....houston could draft him and trade landry for perimeter help. it would make a lot of sense then....thabeet would still be a back up, but we play a good amount of minutes backing up the 5 and would share backing up PF with hayes.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

LOL - no kidding, sometimes there is nothing common about sense.

DD

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

THe Thabeet pick cannot be evaluated until after next year's stress fracture.

20. faraza84

faraza84 Member

well from the owner standpoint les would only want to go for rubio, this equals sales. Just like china supports Yao, Rubio will bring in big revenues overseas and from the city of houston. Thabeet is too far from being a good center, hes ok and hes raw. Rubio is closer to being developed and has a better chance of that due to his international experience. Does anyone know if he has 3 point range? its critical to have that on a team with a dominant big