1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Memphis] Rockets have inquired about 2nd pick.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FishBulb913, Jun 9, 2009.

1. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I posted my views in another thread but I feel like as slow as this off season has been, this is a story that needs it's own thread.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jun/09/griz-expect-rubio-visit-for-workout/

I would love to get Rubio, but I think if we made that deal it would be to take Harden.

Memphis has some cap and they will want to be a player in 2010 so a T-Mac and a 1st(there would be more on each end i assume but these are the principles that make the most sense to me) for #2, Darko, Jaric could be the type of deal they are looking for.

Can't really say how I would feel about it, but Harden would start immediately and Darko would be a good backup, Jaric would be a waste of cap and basically a throw in in my opinion.

Memphis may feel the talent after #1 is very over valued for the #2 slot, especially since the rumor is that Rubio won't play there(I don't buy that, I'm sure they don't either but may not want to risk it) So trading out and setting themself up for a 2010 off season, with more cap than anyone and a top 5 pick may be worth it.

Thoughts?

1 person likes this.
  2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Hasheem Thabeet.

3. mms

mms Member

Morey is really aggressive. Get it done!

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Who do we have that could get us no. 2 pick? Plus is there a clear cut no.2?

5. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

It would be nice to see Adriana Lima at some of the games

6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Maybe they want Battier back! :D

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Its for Rubio. Apparently Rubio has off the charts talent. I think I read where they have compared the kid to Pistol Pete Maravich with defense.

8. FishBulb913

Yeah, I hope it is for Rubio, I have definitely been drinking the Rubio kool-aid, I just think that Harden seems like a Morey guy.

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I dont know how I feel about that. Getting a young, potential star would be great, but at the same time I feel we need someone more established.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

will be a bust.

why would you want to use a number 2 pick on our strongest position?

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why would memphis do this?

#2 picks are rare, and you can get mass talent for little money. Especially if this guy really is that good.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

four broken bones for the last four years and you ask this question?

13. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I think Darko was a #2 pick.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Rumor has it the Lakers are the front runners with a package that includes Luke Walton as the primary bait.

15. mms

mms Member

Somehow I have to lol.

16. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

i am seriously perplexed by the fascination with rubio here. i didn't realize slow footed, unathletic point guards were in vogue these days - chris paul and derrick rose had me fooled i guess. rubio will at least be decent just by virtue of his skillset and height, but it will take him a few years to even reach that level.

regardless of who they are targeting, here's a big 'no thanks' on wasting our biggest trade chip on a rookie and other assorted memphis garbage. i'll reserve judgment if t-mac isn't included.

17. mms

mms Member

Luke Walton? You sure the fakers are not going after a 2nd rounder instead of #2?

18. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

By the sheer absurdity of this statement I am going to assume you are joking.

19. FishBulb913

Good assumption.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's also 7 feet tall. It was not a bad gamble at the time.

Ok, maybe it wasn't the greatest gamble.

The #2 isn't a sure thing by any means, but if you are a poor franchise and a young team, seems to me you'd take your chances with the draft rather than trading it away hoping to spend big bucks on a free-agent.

Memphis needs to collect talent...i don't think they are a star player away from being in contention.