1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Memphis Commercial Appeal] Pau Gasol traded to Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rikesh316, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Trip

Trip Member

Damn, those Battier haters who ride Gay's jock will now have something more to talk about. There's no way someone with Stromile Swift's athleticism, as stupid as Swift is, to be getting 6 dunks a getting playing with Jason Kidd. Look at Kenyon Martin.

In the eyes of the haters of the Gay/Battier deal, Swift will turn out to be someone whom we shouldn't have passed on...

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So you're saying trading star players always work? With Yao, do we have four years to wait for a lopsided deal like this one?

3. lalala902102001

Damn you Jerry West. You've helped to build another Lakers contender.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It also a good time to mention that only one team can win the title each year. The Lakers go from no chance to having a very realistic chance. There is no downside to this trade, which takes them to another level.

5. MandM's

MandM's Member

You're telling me that the Lakers can swing a trade like thAT for Gasol and the Rockets just sit still pulling their junk???!!!

No point guard...no backup center...??? Nothing??

What the hell is the Rockets front office doing?

Anything?

6. jlwee

jlwee Member

If the lakers won championship this season i will blame it all on John Paxson :mad:

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

How the HELL did this happen?

Trading Butler for Kwame was the WORST MISTAKE Lakers have ever made, and they righted that mistake by getting Gasol :eek: . Seriously, What.. the.. F......

So they basically got Gasol for 2 first round picks plus salary fillers......

8. krnxsnoopy

Oh.. and Lakers now have one of the TALLEST starting line ups in the league.. Maybe second only to Atlanta.

9. krnxsnoopy

Actually I take that back, trading SHAQ was the worst mistake the Lakers ever made..

10. Lumix

Lumix Member

Its gonna be tough for ROX if we still hope for playoff. If I were Grizz fan, I would go nuts by this deal, everyting for nothing! What a favor done by JW to the Lakers!. Damnit, does Morey have any good buddy GMs to do
    us a favor?

11. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

Shaq wanted 30million dollar a year contract, he took a paycut to be with the Miami Heat.

Now look at the heat, one of the worst teams in the league and Shaq still has a huge contract for the next 3years..

Lakers are contenders now, they have youth, and they have the best player in the game.

jeez get a clue.

12. Keivan

Keivan Member

reactions on the trade from Kobe and Phil Jackson (from tonights Lakers@Raptors broadcast) :

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GPs5E2CLCTE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GPs5E2CLCTE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fV3uGeKmTB0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fV3uGeKmTB0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

13. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Oh god... What's wrong with these west teams? They just seem to be getting better by the day. Now how many contenders do we have in our conference again?

Spurs, Suns, Hornets, Mavericks (JKidd anyone), and now Lakers? I'm sure I missed something here...

14. ekim

ekim Member

Kobe, Odom, Gasol

all on the same team... are you kidding me? :eek:

15. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I don't know why so many of you keep saying Jerry West made the trade, he isn't the GM in Memphis anymore.

16. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

cap relief could be invaluable.

17. Lumix

Lumix Member

So it was a new Rookie GM of Memphis who pulled the trigger?

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Interesting that two of the biggest market teams suddenly become championship quality again at the same time the NBA is struggling with ratings.

19. Tornadoofsoul6

I believe that Wallace has West as a consultant for him.

20. JD2010

JD2010 Member

nice pick up for the Lakers

i wonder if navarro wants out now.
    the only reason he went to the grizzlies was cuz his best friend (gasol) was on the team