1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Memos...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GMNot, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

That is two games where he still averaged over 20 points and 8 rebs. Where was your Yao is dominating post after the Knicks and Heat games. You sound just like the guys at TNT and ESPN who ignore when Yao goes for 35 and 15 by saying he is 7'5 and that is what he should do, yet when he goes for 20 and 8 he is a soft underacheiving player. KG went for 14 and 11 with 1 assist yesterday and the wolves were blown out. Duncan went for 21 and 11, had 0 assists, 5 turnovers and only went to the line 2 times. If Yao put up those stats he would be attacked by the experts. Where is Barkley crying for KG and TD to start dominating, especially KG who has won all of two more playoff series then Yao despite playing for 5 or 6 extra seasons.

2. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

wow, thats a lot to pin down on JVG...im not convinced it was solely his fault our leads were squandered, or that it was even mostly his fault. as for bonzi, i think he is being an idiot, saying he doesnt need practice because he's a veteran or whatever. he should start working his butt off or that big contract he's dreaming of will never materialize. we need this guy to be productive if we're going to have a chance of being a contender...JVG should get in his face and tell him start taking this team seriously

3. Houston22

Houston22 Member

memo to JVG: If you believe in someone's greatness, believe in someone else's great talent and play him at least 10 min so he can work his butt out through basketball. If you believe in someone's talent over his shape, be consistent and apply that thinking to your whole team.

4. tsunami

tsunami Member

Memo to you GMNot, please STFU.

5. GMNot

GMNot Member

I wasn't talking about Yao's scoring... he obviously puts up good numbers on average. But he also seems to be driven back from putting the ball in the hole when close to the basket too often by smaller players.

6. ww2003

ww2003 Member

refs do not like to call fouls if he is attacked by small bastards

7. GMNot

GMNot Member

Inevitably, some people's posts always rub a few people the wrong way more severly than others. I knew when I posted that it would seem too pessimistic by many at this point in the season. But I don't think the comments were so negative as to elicit such an angry response... but like I said some people get irritated more than others.

Sorry to have set you off so bad... next time either skip my posts or take a deep breath, grow up a little, and comment on the points raised.

8. GMNot

GMNot Member

Which gives some weight to my point. The refs can't believe little guys can stuff Yao and cause him to hit the floor. And it does seem pretty incredulous given the size and strength of his legs and overall weight.