1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Memorial Day 2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hustle Town, May 26, 2014.

1. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

As today is Memorial Day, I would like to give a special thank you to all of our troops and veterans for their service and sacrifice. I appreciate all that you have done to protect our freedom!

Here is a video I created a while back in remembrance of those who served in World War II. I hope you like it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rtMSCRGveHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Happy memorial day as well

3. HPD

HPD Member

Thank you all military people......

People if you have them display ur flags....

4. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Thank you for giving us freedom and keeping our country the greatest.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

FYI: Memorial Day is mainly for remembering people who died during service, not for current veterans who are saluted in Veterans Day.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone. :eek:

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eVecpn3DUHc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm definitely spending a more thoughtful Memorial Day, thinking of all those who gave their lives.

Just a few days ago, I had the chance to tour the National Museum of the Pacific War with my Dad (a Korean veteran, with two brothers who served in WWII). This museum is absolutely incredible and you need multiple days to take it in, along with the Pacific War Memorial next door.

http://www.pacificwarmuseum.org/

This is in Fredericksburg, TX, (where Admiral Nimitz was born and raised). I'm sure many of you know that, but maybe some of you haven't visited it yet.

8. val_modus

val_modus Member

Are we celebrating the countless veterans who commit suicide after returning from war simply because we cannot provide them with better VA institutions that don't dump them on addictive opioids that come with suicidal and homicidal tendencies?

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Happy Memorial day to all the Soldiers and those that are connected to them.
    I appreciate the hard live they chose and the sacrifices they make.

I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday

Rocket River
    http://www.snopes.com/military/memorialday.asp
    just interesting thing

10. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Yeah, I have heard great things about the museum, although I have never been. Doesn't it hold one of the rare, recovered, Japanese "midget" subs?

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Walt Whitman:

Longfellow:

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Indeed it does, with a cutaway.