1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

member the pass in the allstar game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by madbomber, Jul 10, 2004.

Tags:
  1. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

you guys remember the no look pass to francis from yao in the allstar game?does anyone have that footage?i know its off topic but god thats the best pass from a big man ever i seen!!!!:eek:

2. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

until this season...

Yao dishing to a cutting T-mac...

Can we just cancel football season and start the NBA early this year?

3. dean

dean Member

yeah i taped the game.....after viewing it, i think the play you're talking about is when Ming posted up Wallace and Francis dished it to Ming & Wallace tipped the ball away. Then, Ming no look passed it back to Francis at 3 point territory. Then Francis drove in, creating attention, so he lobbed it to Ming as an alley-oop slam.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the no-look lob Yao threw to Steve for a jam

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

It was a nice pass, but "the best pass from a big man ever i seen four exclamation marks eek smilie." Come on. I like Yao's behind the head passes better. At least they were in a real game, not the "No Defense Game".

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I member that!

7. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

I always liked Yao's tap to someone(Steve?) who was driving. The ball was passed to Yao who simply tapped it with his fingertips for an assist. I sure wish I could see that footage. It was a reg season game. I just don't know who the others were that were involved.

8. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

That was the best pass I saw from anybody. It was going from the top of the key, kind of at Yao, and he reached out and redirected it into a bounce pass to the corner. People were stunned at that one.

9. corby

corby Contributing Member

Agreed, that was simply amazing. I was always disappointed that the play didn't end with a score. Stevie took the pass in the corner, decided to drive, and got fouled on the play.

Those really phenomenal passes seemed to disappear from Yao's repertoire in his second season. Is this because Van Gundy has no patience for the fancy stuff?

10. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

To rephrase,

that was a no-look over-the-shoulder alley-hoop pass from Yao at about 3ptr line to Francis.

That was gorgeous, especially it happened in all for show ASG.

11. Man

Man Contributing Member

i don't quite member..I'd like some highlight videos of current and former Rockets players though!

12. madbomber

yea the no look over the shoulder olley oop pass to francis!i know it was in an no defense all star game but of what everyone done that was spectacular that was the best one of that game

13. madbomber

hey whats this other pass u guys are talkin about????i wanna see that one too!!!!someone make a yao highlight video quick !!!!

14. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

I'm in the process of creating some Yao compilation highlights. I might create 2 highlight files (WMV)..one from his rookie yr and one from the past season. As there are many highlights and some footage which a lot of people have never seen before, they'll prbly be around 20-30 megabytes each @ roughly 5-7 minutes.

I'm guessing it'll take me a week or two to put them together as I'm going through all my video archives to get out the best highlights and perhaps some unseen ones as well.

I need some webspace to upload them once I'm done.

15. madbomber

well vunny let us know ...i cant wait to see it !hey i get a kick of ure sig LOL!pretty funny

16. dean

dean Member

it was no look & over da shoulder, but the alley-oop was from Francis to Yao.

17. dean

dean Member

yeah it was over the shoulder and no look, but it was an alley oop pass from Francis to Yao

18. daRox

daRox Member

19. daRox

daRox Member

20. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Yeah, that is the one! daRox, you da Man.