1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

If you watch the games, they are pretty good offensively. Sure Melo fires at will, but PG and RWBs shot selection is **** too.

Honestly, watching them often I can say their offense is really fine. And can be lethal.

Their defense though, Melo is ****ing horrible. He's not like a pushover like ryno, he's always out of place which leads to bad fouls, easy layups. His defense has like Harden awareness and Ryno resistance. It's ****ing terrible. That's why their out of games early.

SIL

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nah I go with the Mexican original because that dude brought it almost every game. Same passion.

Harden's has a nice undertone (under Beard).

heypartner likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I honestly dun think it was that bad, they will gel with time.

The thing is Presti instantly acted on PG and on Melo. Of course there was little time to find the supporting cast or any chemistry. It were 2 Now or Never moves.

OKC without Melo and PG just another mediocre or below average team. Presti brought excitement back to the City.

Morey already had that Top 3 WC team and a good supporting cast without Paul.

Once they knew Paul was considering Houston and that was early, they had the other puzzle pieces already in mind.

OKC Big 3 is very likely just a short term project to please the fans, maybe nothing more. We'll see.

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Olay Depot goes off for 30

DonKnock and RudyTBag like this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

I don't think its going to work. Their coach isn't creative enough to change the offense around 2 other superstars. So what we're seeing is George, Melo & WB just taking turns going iso. Exactly what I expected. WB needs a large volume of touches to be WB. If you take the ball out his hands he just isn't as effective. I wonder what the media's excuses will be when we end up having a better season than OKC. EVERYBODY predicted they were the 2nd best team in the west

DonKnock and RudyTBag like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think everyone needs to slow down with reactions right now. It's only a handful of games for every team in the league. They may never figure it out, but 3-5 games isn't nearly enough time to evaluate.

DreamShook and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I really like the ending of Harden, where he's flexing. It's like he was being directed to do all that for the later effects. While I'll defer to you on the animation qualities, and I love the fire of the original, I give major bonus pts to Harden's last flexing pose....which, imo, makes the source vid for the animation better. And I love the beard, like he's a Old Wiseman Saiyan. :)

The are both so awesome. I've probably watched both more than any other gif (at least SFW ones).

Ah, not so sure about that. Let's not pile on so much as to say OKC has both starting rotation problems and bench is worse than last year.

While you're right that they should have chemistry problems with the starters, one main great thing about super teams is you obviously don't have to rest all the superstars at the same time. Last night, they staggered Melo to be with the reserves. Basically, you can have the NY Knicks as your bench, just by keeping Melo in. You are going to have a star in the rotation at all times. Their bench will be better than last year. Kantar for Melo is a joke.

Check out Melo's +/- vs PG and WB. Not to say he will be that good every game. I'm just saying that it indicates the bench production vs PG and WB.

8. Nook

Nook Member

The Thunder will figure it out.

Adams is going to really benefit from George and Anthony.

The Thunder are trying to work in two players used to being the franchise player. Both players don't move off ball so there will be issues offensively.

I actually think the Thunder will become a top 5 defense but will have problems offensively.

They are still going to be a tough opponent and will likely gel and go on a run.

Anthony is such a wildcard. He takes attention off Adams and he spreads the floor and can get out in transition on offense. However he is a ball stopper, a low effort defender and his shot selection results in easy opponent transition baskets.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol its been one week

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When it comes to Carmelo, his decline over the last 2 years has plenty of data behind it.

People need to understand, it is NOT a big 3. It is Russ/George, and the 74th best NBA player taking 25 shots.

Nook likes this.