1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo blames Linsanity for "selfish" label

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coban Hutton, Aug 4, 2012.

1. redlawn

redlawn Member

It has to do with the fact that the rest of the team is standing around. Teammates don't get any touches, and If teammate is asked to hit a shot, he'll have to do it cold. An ISO once in a while at the end of game or quarter, that's one thing. But if that's the primary offense for a whole game, might as well just play 1 v 5 ball.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

At his clown. Those jazz teams would have crushed the blazers. Mcgrady and 07 Rockets would have easily beaten the 09 Blazers.

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Lin only fan who was formely also a was a YOF called rocketsgreatness but dissapeared as soon as yao went. Now he is back as a Hardcore fan since 93:)

4. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

So is LeBron, Harden, Durant, Lawson, and CP3. Teams will win more games with their isolations than Melo, Kobe, and Rose. Top tier in isolation efficiency vs middle and mid-bottom tier efficiency. Even Kmart had a higher efficiency than the latter three.

If you pay attention to those two groups of players, you will notice their shot selections; one group has the ability to drive to the basket while Melo, Kobe, and Rose shot more from the perimeter.

On isolation plays, you can't have a higher efficiency without taking it to the basket. Period!

Harden had the highest isolation efficiecy among all players last year. He is deceptively quick. Harden, like Lin, is often viewed as 'lack of athletisism.' But in truth, Harden is almost as quick as Lawson (.01 sec slower in 3/4 court sprint) and vert max of 37" is just remarkable for 6'4" SG.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't have a problem with lin running Iso's. I just said that he does and he does it well. There is nothing wrong with isolations.

6. redlawn

redlawn Member

Where do people get isolation stats? Synergy?

7. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Someone combed through synergy data and made offensive graphs for all teams.
    http://www.hickory-high.com/?p=4403

Here is Rockets offensive graph: (please refer to the above link for explanation)
    [​IMG]

8. munco

munco Member

I like melo but he's nowhere near as great as mcgrady in his prime.

9. redlawn

redlawn Member

Wow great stuff here. Thanks for the links.

10. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Well Lin's best excuse is that he's American. I mean, I don't think China nor Taiwan really expect him to play for them. They know he was born-in and grew up in the States and his only real connection to both places is because his parents/ancestors were from there.

Of course they're both going to invite him because he's a good player, but I don't think there are any hard feelings when he rejects them.

However, if he did choose one place over the other, then yeah, there would definitely be a backlash. So his best bet is to just stay neutral. Besides, I have a feeling Team USA might be calling him up next time :)

11. ejarts

ejarts Member

people have been saying that since his Denver days.lololol cmon man! selfish people always look for others to blame... but it doesn't bother him so why talk about it? oh wait he did.

12. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Waiting for Melo to blame depth perception ...

13. carayip

carayip Member

Who will be Melo gonna put the blame on and run out of town when the Knicks fail again in the playoffs next season? Amare? Maybe they can trade Amare for CP3. Lol.

14. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

All I know is 8-10 players were scoring in double digits on a regular basis once Melo left Denver. Then when he got injured and Lin took over in NY, Bill Walker and Novak was going off. Even Jeffries was scoring points.

15. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

melo is a glorified #2 masquerading as a franchise player.

to me there's no difference between danny granger & carmelo anthony.

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lulz, except for the fact that Melo scores more points at a higher FG%, rebounds better, dishes more assists, gets more steals, has been to the playoffs more times, and has won more playoff games than Granger.

Other than that there's no difference between them!!

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

There is a big difference between the two. Melo is a whole lot better than Granger. Not even a comparison.

18. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Now that he doesnt have to put up with Lin he is going to put up mad assists just to show how unselfish he is...melo will always be a ball hog one on 5 type of player...always has always will

19. RockSC

RockSC Member

I believe he stated it in front of Chinese media before. He will not play for either China or Taiwan for International game. He's an American in his heart.

20. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Jeremy is politically correct when acknowledging both his Taiwanese and Chinese heritage. He's had some good excuses though, such as being injured so he can not play or free agency with Team USA scrimmage. He's also said he would only "consider" playing for the Chinese National Team.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NRg-_j1n5zM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

However, it's not as easy as it sounds. China does not offer dual citizenship like the Philippines or South Korea (who now allows dual-citizenship for those with outstanding talents). He's already automatically granted dual-citizenship because of his parents with Taiwan, and if he were to play for Chinese Taipei, he'd be considered a naturalized players.

But until any of that actually happens, I think Lin will just play the "I will consider playing for them route" and just use his summers to train and hold annual camps in Asia until he gets invited for Team USA again.