1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo blames Linsanity for "selfish" label

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coban Hutton, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Is he selfish or just not good enough?

He's a second-tier star in superstar's clothing.

He needs to be the 2nd or 3rd best player on a team, not the first.

2. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

All this talk right now about him playing in FIBA Asia, which he might end up having to do, if he plays for either China or Chinese Taipei/Taiwan is just speculation. Until that actually happens, I don't think Rockets fans need to worry as Lin is clearly just giving politically correct answers.

Also one thing to keep in mind that the speculation of him joining either National Team was before "Linsanity" happened and the Rockets giving him the 3year deal. Back then, he was still trying to establish himself as a NBA player and because of the lockout, it would have given him a chance to continue playing ball in hopes to getting a long-term contract.

Given his history with his knees and his style of play, I would assume Lin would probably be hesitant as well playing in competition that isn't on par with the NBA. If anything, playing on the USA is a better opportunity, not only with the competition and talent level of teammates, but the schedule might not be as rigorous if USA wins Gold since they won't be expected to play until 2014 at the Basketball World Cup.

3. ILoveTheRockets

4. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

Essay from now ex-Knicks fan.

http://moviemanifesto.blogspot.sg/2012/08/linsanity.html

5. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Anthony was very happy to hear Lin inking with the Rockets. Because he was imature and he feels that he was playing behind the shadow of Linsanity. I never like Carmelo Anthony because of his inconsistency. Now he is talking $hi37!

6. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

A player can hold multiple nationalities, i.e. Joakim Noah, but China does not currently recognize dual-citizenship.

Alex Hua Tian, he gave up his British citizenship to compete for China at the 2008 Olympics.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qGraUM0Nn_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There was also an Chinese-American Ray Chang who played for China against Chinese Taipei at the 2009 World Baseball Classic. Their rules might be a little different though as they allow players who have have a parent that was born in the nation the team represents.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YyA89qh3alU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. RockSC

RockSC Member

I actually played a basketball tournament with Ray Chang once. He's a phenomenal athlete. Fast and strong. I am glad he made it to the International level.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did this Hua Tian guy qualify for the Olympics this year?

9. NYAnygryAzn

NYAnygryAzn New Member

Hey first post on the forum.
    Knicks fan since the 90's, and since they let Lin walk, I'm done with them until Melo is off the team, and/or Dolan sells.

Anyway, follwing NYK ball, Linsanity bugged the HELL out of Melo without a doubt, it bought to light a few things:
    Melo-ball is selfish ball and similiar to Kobe Bryant, but he's not as good as Kobe Bryant.
    Melo-ball is selfish ball and movement stops, no penetration, and the team stands around sticking their thumbs up their butt.

I'll be rooting hard for the Lin + Rockets to succeed, and the Knicks to EPIC fail hard this coming season.

10. kinein

kinein Member

11. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

This may be the most ignorant post I've ever read.