1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo Agrees to Buyout and is Waived by Hawks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 30, 2018.

1. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

LOL.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Title says "is waived by Hawks" but tweet says "expected to waive". Y'all getting wild with the clickbait misinformation threads

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm pretty sure that everyone on the team, plus the coaching staff, plus the front office, disagrees with your assessment.

#83 topfive, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  4. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Me either.

1. Harden
    2. CP3
    3. Capela
    4. EG
    5. Melo

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  5. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Not so sure... You could be right, but the fact that we REFUSED to give up Gordon for him last year tells me they probably think EG is better at this stage of his career (numbers definitely back that up). Also, no one will argue that he's not going to be as important as Capela this year. But, I'm not saying that he won't be in that convo nightly. May be the 1st or 2nd best player on the court a few games this season. It's gonna be fun!

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I like this post because it shows how a team builds. And it isn't easy.

But, I am not looking at Carmelo as the "3rd piece / 3rd star." Keeping expectations in check, I see him as a high end role player, much like Eric Gordon.

I still feel like Morey could add a 3rd star. Something along the lines of a Jimmy Butler. We'll see. Lots of moves on the chess board.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

And there is nothing wrong with this.

Carmelo can add a post presence that we haven’t had since Nene’s injury. As well as another willing shooter.

Killatron 2000, alethios and 1Deep like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

[​IMG]

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Read the whole thread before commenting on something you obviously don’t know. I changed the title after the buyout.

Keep up.

Become a contributing member so that you can edit when pertinent.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

I totally understand what you guys are saying, but I think you're all deluded. :D

Watch the press conference after the signing is official. I guarantee you won't see Morey saying things like, "We think Carmelo is going to be a valuable addition to our rotation" or "Melo's going to give us some offensive spark off the bench." Instead, you'll hear the phrase "three stars" or "three elite players" thrown around.

Huell Sea

BoneYardDog, Cash Cam, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  11. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

It's safe to say we don't really know what role Melo is going to play here but with CP3 I think it's reasonable to assume Melo will enjoy getting his shots where and when he likes them more often than when he was on the Thunder.

Melo and Harden need to both add off the ball shooting to their respective skillsets. That skill set alone would elevate the entire teams success rate pretty dang significantly .

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Bev came over in the middle of the season if I recall and he didn’t start a single game his first year here.

You don’t have Lamb or Martin on the team and the Rockets had traded Brooks to the suns the year prior. In 2012 he was in China.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

LOL
    I can edit my posts. But thanks for the advice. Maybe you should have edited the original post with the updated info not just the title.

14. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Talent =/= importance

Talent =/= impactful

Melo is definitely the 3rd most talented(skills) but Capela will be more impactful and more important than him.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Thanks for the corrections -- went back and edited the original post. I'd also forgotten Royce White was with us that pre-season. I had just grabbed the 2012 roster off the web and ran with it because I didn't have time to do research.

Unlike @H-Town Melo, I have a job. ;)

#95 topfive, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    xtruroyaltyx and H-Town Melo like this.
  16. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Whoopty Whoop

17. mikol13

Supporting Member

Ah thanks Nimo! You’re the best!!

Now contribute to the site you pollute!!:cool:

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

Oh no mikol! You're the best. No one better. And for you information. I contributed. Hence why I'm a supporting member.

19. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Screw you man I got 3 interviews lined up this week lol

20. mikol13

Supporting Member

Ahhh I missed that. Reading comprehension on my end. Good on you. But no, really.