1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo Agrees to Buyout and is Waived by Hawks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 30, 2018.

1. bongman

bongman Member

Needs a countdown clock :)

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Gonna be awesome when he clears waivers and signs with the Lakers

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I have my doubt about Melo. But now I am not so worried about Melo not working out for us as much as about a bunch of Melo only fans stampeding this board. It's quite scary thinking about that. :eek:

Erbnwarfare, hakeem94, YOLO and 3 others like this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Early returns, but some relatively new members are posting like someone's sitting next to them with a stopwatch yelling in their ear, "Post more about Melo, dammit. Now! The gun stuck in my belt is loaded, dude." I realize they're excited about Anthony joining a contending team, but the sensitivity level towards any criticism of the guy is off the charts. Not Jerry Lin level, thank god, but getting up there. Hopefully, they'll figure this place out. The GARM is an equal opportunity place when it comes to criticism. Every player gets criticized here. Every ****ing player on the team. Heck, even Yao, a beloved member of the Rockets pantheon of heroes, got criticized out the kazoo when he was playing. They need to get over it.

FLASH21 and Easy like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it would be awesome if we could sign Melo on the anniversary of Hakeem's being traded to Toronto . . . two great moments in Rockets history, amirite @tinman :rolleyes:

hakeem11.jpg

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I feel like even acknowledging that this ever took place should be grounds for being banned here. IT NEVER HAPPENED! CONSPIRACY!

DonKnock and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

tomorrow's the day and the odds are pretty good it happens tomorrow, unless he signs with the Lakers first

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is what's causing people to find you annoying as all hell and not take you seriously. If anything, you running out to try and defend every negative thing is counterproductive to making people have a good impression of Melo.

Also, you don't go **** in the middle of another person's house and right now you are in the house of Rockets fans.

9. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Pretty crazy that there are still at least 2 guys that are playing in the NBA that either played with Hakeem or against him. Vince Carter and Dirk Nowitzki still in the league is crazy to me.

10. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I aint here to make friends.

This is my house now.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Exactly, so don't speak as if you are part of us here as you have in previous posts. Cause you're not.

What other "bad results" would you be referring to? Oh, you mean Melo having a sh** attitude and everything imploding in our face for that reason? Well... that's a good way to look at your favorite player I guess!

If you have that much disdain about us and our thoughts on your favorite player and actually come here on a daily basis to watch him get ridiculed, that's your prerogative. Some people are just a glutton for abuse, so we all are safe to assume that maybe this is what you find kinky and/or entertaining.

So we will provide this entertainment for you gladly and willingly.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

@tinman

H-Town Melo likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brick House.

H-Town Melo likes this.
  14. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Criticize him WHEN he plays bad for you guys.

But we'll be having a discussion about the future and how things might work and guys will in talking about TREVOR ARIZE AND MBAH MOUTE WERE THE KEY PIECES IN OUR TURNAROUND LAST SEASON.

Like dude we're just discussing potential scenarios.

And then guys bring up clutch stats from 2009 or some wild stuff like we get it, you don't want him on the team(not you but others)

Its so funny how negativity is essentially encouraged around here but disputing an either false or misguided narrative is not.

But no one's stopping me. I don't call guys out of their name like they do me, I don't insult guys and I don't make it personal. I keep it strictly basketball or I'm just joking.

I don't mind Melo being criticized for something he does when the season starts that is either costing the team games or limiting its potential but I aint about to watch his name be thrown in mud. Same way guys can post negative things I can do the same.

Don't like it? Well tough. That goes for everyone including myself.

15. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

No please don't get him started.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way

daywalker02 and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

:cool:

H-Town Melo likes this.
  17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Don't worry brehs, I am filling in for Tinman for a sec.

tinman likes this.
  18. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

LMAOOOOO, I deserve that one.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I've seen plenty of flies that circle dung try and avoid the ban hammer. So far, I have seen none succeed. Food for thought.

20. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

[​IMG]