1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Meeting Hakeem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemo34, Apr 15, 2016.

1. cardpire

cardpire Member

you shoulda come two weeks ago. he had all sorts of autograph signings throughout the final 4 weekend

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NOBODY on Clutchfans wants to see that incident again, especially with Hakeem, the greatest Rocket of all time.

3. hakeemo34

hakeemo34 Member

What was the incident? Whatever the incident was, there is no way I would disrespect Hakeem or myself.

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Dude, creepy.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

yes very creepy.

that story doesn't make any sense. If you won an autographed basketball, then there should be no need to ask the PERSON WHO SIGNED THE BASKETBALL to contact you.

6. hakeemo34

hakeemo34 Member

Yeah thanks mate,m. when you live in a country far away like Australia and when you have the opportunity to meet someone you've followed most of your life you try to take it. If that's creepy then so be it. Who knows if I will ever be in Houston again..

7. hakeemo34

hakeemo34 Member

Long story short they didn't want to send me the ball to Australia when they initially contacted me so they said to email them when I had an alternate plan. Anyway, not sure why I have to justify myself here.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Well you never mentioned the story.

I never heard of winning an autographed item, where you actually need to contact the person who autographed it before.

9. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

1-900-909-9900.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I would never approach Hakeem as a basketball fan at a Mosque. Religion is too personal a setting. Unless you are Muslim seeking solitude yourself then do not do that. He's going to be at some of the Play Off games if not all of them in town. You a rich person? I'm sure you can meet there court side or something. Hakeem is one of my favorite players of all time as well.

11. RedRising14

RedRising14 Member

Anyone care to elaborate on this Yao Ming incident?

12. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Here's the link. The pics are no longer available, but close your eyes and imagine 3 Indian dudes with ecstatic expressions on their faces and Yao showing absolute disappointment, standing in front of Yao's house in the middle of the night

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=126070&page=1&pp=20