1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Meet the poster girl for victim hood mentality.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Sep 12, 2016.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/19/j...hoax-death-threats-to-black-students-faculty/

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This isn't victimhood mentality.

This is criminal behavior.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Victimhood mentality often leads to criminal behavior. When you think the world is out to get you, it's a lot easier justifying criminal activity.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

She got off light for this type of crime. Should be a couple years in the Penn for the hysteria created... Nice judge?

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Victim hood mentality? That's not a thing. Why don't you just say what you really mean?

6. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

And it is probably mental illness. People who do **** like this have screws loose, and need to be evaluated accordingly. I'm not saying that she doesn't deserve jail - but someone who does crap like this can't be rehabilitated after a few months in jail. She probably has a chemical imbalance that needs treating.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Death/terror threats this magnitude are serious. This girl is beyond ****ed up. She should be in prison.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This sociopathic behavior to an extreme level. Should just make a new law that have people like this killed for the safety of everybody else.

11. Svpernaut

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A more rational interpretation could be that "victimhood" shows up in a standard spell check system with a red line under it and "victim hood" does not. People often end up saying things wrong due to attempts to get rid of red lines.

13. Svpernaut

Having dealt with serious mental health issues in my family, I wouldn't go that far. We as a nation just need to start taking mental health seriously in this nation.

The CDC has found that 1 in 5 adults will have serious mental issues at one point in their adult lives (bipolar, schizophrenia, depression, etc.). There are currently 240+ million adults in America, which means nearly 50 million will have mental problems at some point.

14. Svpernaut

The term is victim mentality. I have never heard the term victimhood mentality or "victim hood" mentality in my life.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Then again, given that poster's history, I kind of understand not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Given who posted it, are you really that surprised that they made that mistake? We are talking about a Trump voter after all.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I've had problems to but fake death threats is not my M.O.

18. Svpernaut

Mental health is... crazy. Like the 18 year old kid who pretended to be a doctor, and then was busted again a year later, and now recently busted a third time for trying to buy a $30,000 car with his aunt's credit card.

To some people, in their head, 1+1=3 and you can train them otherwise. Only thing you can do is medicate them, and try and find the balance between making them a walking vegetable, and allowing them to live a life that could make them reasonably happy.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Or the crazy woman in Texas who turned a simple traffic warning into an arrest and then hung herself in her cell.....crazy people are crazy.

20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Leo really should've gotten an Oscar nom for that role. sadleo.gif