1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Media Day (Tuesday)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Just FYI, Clutch and I went today. He got in on a ton of interviews. I took over 300 photos exclusively for ClutchFans, so we have a mutha lode coming. I'm weeding through them now, but here's a small one just for a sample. :)

[​IMG]

2. Little O

Little O Contributing Member

Sweet photo.

Always expect the best from Clutchfans.

Can't wait for the interviews and the rest of the photos.

3. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Wow Clutchfans, did I get lucky picking the Houston Rockets as my favorite team when I was young... :cool:

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Can't wait for Clutch's and Jeff's stuff! :)

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Just weeded out the best of the best. We'll probably have 50 really good images when all is said and done.

Lot of fun today but, as usual, media day is CRAZY! Just cameras, reporters and team staff everywhere. It's utter chaos. They had it down in the bowels of TC today too, not on the court like usual.

The people for the Rockets were AWESOME at helping us get what we needed and everyone was very complimentary of the site and the fans. Ditto for the media people who were there.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Work it! I need some new wallpaper!

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Good that you guys are going to cover it, since we can't count on very much media coverage from our local stations.....ridiculous...

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i cant wait till jeffs and clutch's updates are posted it gives me something to look forward to today. nice sample pic of tracy and yao

9. t_m_a_c

t_m_a_c New Member

Does anyone know anything about the austin training camp? about how to get into the cooley pavillion?? :confused:

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry, the camp at Austin will be closed to everyone unless announced otherwise.

I'm upset at that because I can't be at Houston to go to Open practice. I live in Austin now, and I'll be so close to the team, yet I can't even watch them practice, what a load of crap.

Well I'll see how I can watch them. I'm a poor college student, and don't have any resources of how to get to watch them. I can't afford leaguepass unfortunately V_V.

11. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Awsome! Clutchfans allways on top of Rox info.

Nice pic by the way Jeff...

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Can't wait to read the reports and see the photos! :cool:

13. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

nice pics, do you have them in HIGH resolution for us? :D

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I dunno. Looks kind of tilted to me.

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Yeah, that was on purpose.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I know. I was being stupid on purpose.

17. THEDREAMSHAKE34

Very nice pics and i am looking forward to some more, but also if anybody hears that they are letting anybody into the practices in austin please announce it cause i too am a student there and would love to get a sneak peek

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I just got home about 20 minutes ago -- had some internet problems but am up now.

Jeff got some outstanding photos -- he really did. He rented a high quality lens for his camera and just got some great pictures. I'm afraid we're all going to be spoiled after we see some of his shots since anything I take for the site from today until the day I die will look like I was in a serious drug haze. Great job, Jeff!

It was very chaotic ... I had never been to Media Day before, only training camp after Media Day. Interviews were going on all over the place and there was so many members of the media there that it was very hard to get in close on many of them. I had no shot on Yao, but I was in there on T-Mac, Battier and Wells.

Wells made the funniest crack I heard today ... he was asked about how the Rockets did research on him and his "problems" in the past before signing him, and he brushed that off, kind of saying that the media can make him out to be a monster.

A reporter said, "But you would agree that you've changed a lot since the earlier years." He responded, "I was never bad, I was just in Portland." -- which had me and all others laughing pretty good.

Someone commented to me that they thought T-Mac looked a little thin ... like he had lost weight from last year. Wells maybe a touch overweight, but he looked good. Battier handles the media extremely well, but you probably already knew that. Yao Ming also, but it is bluntly obvious he is so tired of doing these things (and he doesn't hide it too well). I might not have heard Casey Jacobsen right, but I was next to him when it sounded to me like he was saying he had to leave because his wife was having a baby.

I'll write a recap and have it up shortly ...

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

me too

and some new cell phone wallpapers

20. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

SWEEEET! Glad to hear you guys got access.