1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Media Conspiracy] Who ordered the hit on James harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 25, 2018.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

My money is on TMac now after tonight considering it seems we are intentionally trying to show that ANYONE can score 13 points in 35 seconds to win a game...

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

http://pc-cdn.espnradio.com/audio/3...c8bab0461635721a051f913016aa22017972c1e6b5bf3

8 minute mark they get into a discussion on why Harden is hated on.

Tim MacMahon actually defends him pretty well.

I still will never understand the people who don’t find excitement in what Harden does. Just the other night Curry went one on one dribbling all over the place to get a little step back jumper and the announcers and the crowd went wild and everyone loved it. The same thing Harden does multiple times a game.

Hell they even bring up Doncic as a much more exciting player to watch when trying to figure out how he could get more votes than Harden. Jackie Mac says something like well those are two completely different players....

Am I ****ing missing something? Luka has essentially copied his game from Harden. Step backs and slick passing off of drives? That IS James Harden!

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is crazy that people still think this is a problem. Everyone knows their roles. Just because YOU (media person, Griffin) aren't a fan of style, does not mean Player X "thinks like YOU."

Griffin seems to always have a problem with Houston/Harden. There is something there.

CCity Zero and justtxyank like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I listened to that podcast last night. Yeah, the Harden discussion was good. And Tim MacMahon did a good job in defense. Things brought up on why Harden isn't "as liked" include his "personality" and "playing style." But then in regards to playing style TM brings up Iverson (well liked) and Doncic (fan liked) and Jordan.

Personality is an odd issue. I mean, Harden is pretty gracious with the media (more so than Westbrook).

I think the general fan is just gas lighted into hating Harden because of "FTS" and believe he is a "cheater."

Because when you look at his game, he makes big 3pt shots (ala Curry) and has crazy passes. It is like those items get completely dismissed and the ONLY thing people think about is CHEATER of the Game.

Really a shame. And it wont change until the INFLUENCERS change the narrative. It starts there. The influencers of course are the National Media and ex-players.

jordnnnn likes this.
  5. Roxs-Redemption