1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Media and McCain (or anyone else)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohen, Mar 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

So on NBC, they mention that McCain raised his temper due to question from a reporter, then they show the clip from a plane flight. Then they say voters can judge for themselves.

I didn't understand wth they were talking about... maybe it's my Italian ancestry, but that's not what I would call a temper.

They constantly try stir the pot, and it's sickening.

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

"The News" hasn't really been "The News" in a long, long time. It's "infotainment" now. It's ABOUT stirring the pot. It's ABOUT creating controversy and conflict, because that's more entertaining to watch than everyone getting along and holding hands. They're just trying to make a buck.

...which is why I seldom ever watch the news anymore.

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Couldn't agree more. Its a shame there really isnt a fair and balanced newscast. Fox news tried at the beginning, but turned more into republican or conservative based news to counter the liberal based outlets elsewhere.

Though CNN having the Weather Channel Founder on recently debunking the global warming issues was certainly something I never thought I would see on anything but FNC.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that didnt' seem all that crazy to me. I think much more of a news story would be the slew of Generals that raised concern about McCain's temper making him not the best candidate for CC.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I watch the PBS Newshour. It makes me feel smart.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the news is a business unfortunately, they have to feed their kids to

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Yeah, it was nothing. He got slightly irritated, but he did not lose his temper. It was bs.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The thing is, I never read that he or Kerry ever actually confirm the conversation happened. Was that published anywhere? Was he ever quoted as having denied the conversation happened? If so, then it looks like he got caught in a lie of some sort (if not a temper tantrum).

9. Cohen

You're right, that would have been a better use of time.

10. Cohen

In understand; maybe they should leave it to the BBC and PBS then.

11. tulexan

tulexan Member

Didn't seem too angry to me. If anything, I thought the reporter was pretty rude.

Asking why he's so angry? What is she 12?

12. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

The reporter was from the NY Times and was trying to Bait McCain so that she could write that he lost his temper. Nice try tho. Why he even acknowledges anyone from the NY Times after they tried to throw him under the bus baffles me? I guess if you plan on being president you still have to talk to the same people that talk bad about you.

13. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Who's being 12?

This was the equivalent of McCain sticking his fingers in his ears and saying...

"I can't hear you! nanananananananananan" ;)

There's no doubt that McCain's temper will be an issue in this election. I've read pentagon officials are very concerned if he's the CIC because of his propensity to pop off at people.

14. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

So Military people are worried about a 70 year old man yelling at them?