1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Medal of Honor or Black Ops

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RoxSqaud, Aug 29, 2010.

Tags:
?

Medal of Honor vs. Black Ops

1. Medal of Honor

15 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. Black ops

29 vote(s)
    65.9%
  1. eeeZZY

eeeZZY Member

can't wait for Black Ops.

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Slight clarification on things. Infinity Ward is still around, and I'm guessing they could still make CoD games (in fact, depending on how all the lawsuits go, I guess they could make MW3). But most of the people behind CoD, including some ~50 people at Infinity Ward, are no longer with the company, and won't be working on CoD. Most have joined Respawn, which is currently seeking funding from EA IIRC...may have even gotten it by now. So basically there is an Infinity Ward, but they're only Infinity Ward in name only.

I think most people know that, but just in case some people see Infinity Ward involved with MW3...don't get too excited.

Unless I missed some story where they decided to close the studio. They might as well, but maybe they figure they can still use the name for some extra $$$...and this is Activision we're talking about. Need all the cards they can get if they want to start throwing in monthly subscriptions.

(I probably won't get either. Currently boycotting Activision, partly due to the stuff mentioned above, and not too big on MoH either).

3. bongo33

bongo33 Member

Dude, Modern Warfare 2 sucked ass and Infinity Ward doesn't listen to the community, which Treyarch does :)

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

treyarch just copies infinity ward. Modern Warfare 2 included everything everyone asked for. The problem was that they should not have listened to all the idiots who wanted all the crap included in the game. And considering MW2 is the most played game in the world and the highest selling game of all time, it's hard to say it sucks that much

5. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

When I bought my PS3 the first game I bought was BFBC2. I was hooked. Then I bought mw2. Each side has their benefits. For example, BFBC2 has destructible maps and vehicles. MW2 has killstreak rewards. BFBC2 is more realistic. MW2 isn't but that means you can just run around with ranger akimbos and end up going 75-0. It's really whatever your prefer. Personally, I play MW2 more because it's so addicting, but IMO BFBC2 is the better game. Medal Of Honor is made by DICE, which also made BFBC2 so I think I might get MOH. Black Ops does look very interesting though.

6. RC Cola

Well...sure...if you ignore all the games that sold more than it.

DICE is only working on the multiplayer. EA LA is doing the single player.

Though I guess for some, that effectively means DICE developed the game.

7. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Pretty much. The campaign is only to get you familiar with the controls and such.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Sorry, highest selling PS3 game of all time and soon to be highest selling 360 game of all time

9. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Medal of Honor beta sucked hard. Black Ops looked pretty fun and MW2 was fun.

Good chance I won't get either though. Not getting MoH for sure, might get Black Ops but I dont know

10. RC Cola

Tis a sad day in gaming. :(

I haven't really followed any sort of sales comparisons, but what makes you say it will soon be the best selling 360 game? Halo 3 is still ~600K ahead, according to Wikipedia (maybe the numbers are inaccurate/outdated). Not a big deal, but judging by your post, I thought maybe it was <100K behind or something. Though I expect both consoles to have better selling games over time (if GT5 doesn't sell >5M, then that's probably a disappointment for Sony...GT5P sold practically the same as MW2).

Sorry, I'm just nitpicking about sales. It is a weakness of mine.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

MW 2 hasn't even been out a year, I think it has a shot at passing Halo, especially if Black Ops does not go over so well

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Black Ops, without a doubt...

That game is going to be brilliant.

Anyone who doesnt check it out will be missing out of possibly one of the best multiplayer shooters.

13. rezdawg

But Treyarch is adding or removing things that MW2 "sucks" at...so there is no reason to think that Black Ops wont be good, specially if you enjoy MW2.

And they are being dedicated servers back for the PC...for those that had an issue with MW2.

EDIT:

I also dont understand that hate for MW2...sure, it has some issues, like commando, but wtf, its still a great experience.

#33 rezdawg, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have just hated anything treyarch has made, so if I do get it, it won't be for months after it comes out. Cod 3 was one of the worst games ever made imo, and World at War was just boring to me.

I;m actually getting a little sick of FPSs, none are that original anymore. The next shooter I am looking forward to is Gears of War 3 this spring, but thats a 3rd person shooter.

15. Poloshirtbandit

I know I'm in the minority, but I love Bad Company 2. They are coming out with a Vietnam add-on later this fall. I can't wait.

I'm so terrible at MW2 to the point the game just isn't enjoyable to me. Spawn. Get sniped 2 seconds later. Respawn. Repeat 30 times. The single player is awesome though.

16. rezdawg

On the flipside, Ive never owned a Treyarch game...and thats just purely coincidental, so I have no basis to compare. However, I have followed Black Ops closely and the developers have been hearing the cries about MW2 loud and clear. It seems like they are putting out a much better multiplayer product.

17. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

the only thing that sucks is that they made the source code easy to hack and you get the little squeakers trying to sell boosted accounts. Also parents need to keep their spawn off these games. Im tired of some tweener squeaking in the headset that they are going to t-bag you when we all know that is anatomically impossible.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

They have said that every time. Cod 3 was a lame version of Cod 2. World at War attempting to bring aspects of Modern Warfare into WWII and it did not work. I just don't trust Treyarch

19. Dei

Dei Member

Non-WWII Medal of Honor? Not sure if want.

20. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

As a MOH newbie can someone please explain to me why the MOH multiplayer vid looked so much like campaign?