1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Medal Of Honor Or Black Ops Or Both?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hilltopper, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Damn. I think I might have to get this. I passed on MW2 and ended up using a friends copy for the single player.

Loved MW1. WaW was ok.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Yeah it was, it wasn't horrible like everybody says. I think most people get upset because of the technology (guns) used in that game compared to MW1. The only thing I didn't like about WaW was the tanks. I enjoyed them at first but I got sick of them after a while.

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I'm using my phone, so I can't place a link...I was reading an article from the Joystiq application on my phone. It was talking about how Treyarch is working aggressively to eliminate the hackers and cheaters. One of his quotes was pretty aggressive. Vonderhaar is the multiplayer design director...From the article:

"Vonderhaar expressed disappointment in these complaints, saying, "What many of these people want is to be Internet nerd famous. I'm not going to make them famous and you shouldn't either." He later added, "We are disinterested in making mini-celebrities out of douche-bags."

4. G-Money

G-Money Member

Does anybody know how to export a video from the Black Ops theater mode to my PC?

5. G-Money

G-Money Member

Rep to anyone who helps

6. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

You usually go for the PC version right? If so, PC version of Black Ops is pretty broken AFAIK. Think it would be better to wait for some patches...assuming Treyarch/Activision care enough to do that (didn't care much to get it right to begin with). Didn't seem to care much for the PS3 version either.

It occasionally entered my head that I should try it out to see what the fuss is about (despite my Activision boycott), but the issues with the PC/PS3 versions pretty much killed those thoughts.

7. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Why??

8. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

EA is probably 100x better than Activision when it comes to focus on quality games, good working conditions for developers, innovation/new IPs, etc.

And when EA is doing that much better than you, that's a problem. I mean...EA?

I can get more specific, but that's the simple version of it all. Don't really care to support companies like that. Though outside of a few games, doesn't really take much effort.

9. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Guell how many times I've died because I went prone while running and did the stupid jump?

Infinity billion

10. Lil Pun

Hahaha. I thought it was funny when I was playing Domination yesterday, somebody did that and got hit with one of those remote control cars right away. :grin:

11. rezdawg

Some news for people with headsets who like to soundwhore.

Treyarch is going to fix the footstep issues in a patch...the Ninja perk will finally be useful.

1 person likes this.
  12. Lil Pun

Anybody know if you can still do that stupid dashboard stuff? I played with some people on 360 and they would go to the 360 Dashboard if they were losing a game and that way they would not receive a loss. Bunch of people with bogus win streaks. Can you still do that?

13. Lil Pun

rez, you're on 360 right? What game mode do you play most on? We're trying to get a new crew together.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What do you mean by this? What is soundwhoring?

In MW2, Ninja was always useful

15. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Are you talking about how footsteps do not make any sound whether Ninja or not?

16. rezdawg

Yeah...basically, as it is right now, you hear your own footsteps, but you cant really hear other people running around unless they are right next to you. In other words, using Ninja as a perk is worthless. Glad they are gonna fix that.

Also, if any of you are familiar with any of the youtube commentators...there is a guy named Hutch and he is probably the most well known. As a result of his popularity, he got a job with machinima. Anyways, the dude was a huge COD4 fan...and he did not like WaW or MW2. He came out with his thoughts on Black Ops and he said that its the best Call of Duty game to date. He explains in the video. Rhino...get on this!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MkZ8w34XKeg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MkZ8w34XKeg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

17. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Best game so far.....

39-0
    Hanoi
    Team Deathmatch

Killstreaks:
    Spy Plane
    Chopper Gunner
    Attack Dogs

Weapons:
    Commando/Silenced
    Makarov

Perks:
    Ghost
    Sleight of Hand Pro
    Marathon

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Is anyone else getting some weird lag/FPS issues. I thought it was just me, but random people i've been talking to in different lobbies have been getting the same thing. I'm not sure what's up with that. But, I am glad about the footsteps thing. That's pretty awesome.

1 person likes this.
  19. rezdawg

Haven't come across that yet...only lag I've noticed was one game where I was playing with a friend and he was the only laggy player...all my teammates would move smoothly while he would skip around as he ran. He was the only one that had 2 bars...but the issue was corrected in the next match.

Hope lag doesn't become an issue on the 360.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Still doesn't interest me at all. The graphics look really goofy to me. I have been hearing that they were bad while playing MW2 this week, but I assumed they would just be the same. That video looks very cartoony to me.

People playing mw2 this week have basically just been b****ing about the game. Both legit and stupid complaints. I hear the sniping is horrible, but I thought sniping in MW2 was horrible as well. I hear people b****ing about no stopping power, but I am glad that was taken out. However, this game still doesn't offer me anything new and innovative enough to warrant me spending 60 bucks. There was a drastic different between multiplayer in MW1 and MW2, so it was worth it (plus I love the story mode in those games). Also, why wasn't Spec Ops included? That was one of the best parts of MW2.

I'm just gonna wait a few days for AC: Brotherhood to come out and get that because the multiplayer there looks truly innovative and unique.