1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Medal Of Honor Or Black Ops Or Both?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hilltopper, Oct 11, 2010.

1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can anyone post any video of their gameplay? I plan on picking up the game tomorrow.

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

You can check out some live gameplay right now here...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/machinima-live-stream

I'll try and post some of my gameplay when I get home..

1 person likes this.
  3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

www.justin.tv then click on the gaming tab. Lots of live streams in HD.

1 person likes this.
  4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I'll be picking up the game today on 360.

5. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Sorry, I must not be drinking the kool-aid. I'm on PC for those that care.

I don't like this Black Ops as much as MW2 or Medal of Honor actually.

I like MoH for it's diff play style that i stated before. You have to be more careful, but still have to be quick. I like that kind of balance.

I also enjoy the run and gun style (or ability) of MW.

The addictive nature of leveling from MW, although still in BOs seems watered down for whatever reason. You unlock things as you level, and then you purchase to actually use the things. Why? I mean really. CoD credits don't seem hard to come by. So it seems like you are having to really unlock something twice. Like I said, it's not a big deal, but seems pointless. Then again, I might be missing the point haha.

The campaign so far is cool. Nothing you haven't come to expect from a CoD game. Some cues taken from IW no doubt, some of their own feel and look on it too from 3arch.

BOs is fun to me, so don't get me wrong. It's a good game, I just don't seem to enjoy it as much as the previously mentioned titles. It might be that I like more modern weapons, who knows.

The feel is very similar to MW, but not quite. It's hard to pinpoint right now for me.

I had a few fatal error crashes as well. As did my friends, so seems like a bug rather than hardware issue. Speaking of friends, teaming up with them is horrible. You can't switch teams in a ranked server/game, and you can't guarantee to be on the same side since it's auto assign. You have to go to unranked servers to pick sides, but then you don't earn points to spend.

At least that's me experience so far. I didn't expect much from the game, and didn't even intend to play it. My friends bought it for me for a bday gift, so I played. It needs some patching, and I also need more time in the game.

So that is my first impressions. Take it for what it's worth...not much :)

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Are you inviting your friends to a party before entering the game? It should not be splitting you up if you are doing that.

8. PASTORofMUPPETS

Lunacy....If that were true then the whole Battlefield series was a failure and full of nothing but campers which it's not. Battlefield, 1943, 2142, & BC2 were all good games and all have HUGE maps compared to anything that's coming out now...ie Black ops & MOH. Did you play the original Battlefield? It's still getting tons of play and snipers aren't the problem. The problem is arty glitchers and the like. That has nothing to do with the maps.

I see the point your trying to make but camping isn't bad in those games I listed. And even if someone is trying to camp on a large map they still have to make a difficult shot. Not like doing nothing standing in a corner waiting for a guy to walk past at no more than 10ft with your dual shotguns that would never be used in real war.(sorry- runon sentence) I have no desire to play a shooter that restricts me to a city block radius. That's not war how I've seen it.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Already glitchers in this game... somebody got outside of the map and had a clean shot on everyone, but nobody could fire back...

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Xbox right? There haven't been any for Ps3 that i've seen. I think xbox has more hackers or cheats...

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

it'll happen with any game that has a lot of online players. It blows but there is no avoiding it

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

black ops is exactly like the first modern warfare....so i like it better than mw2

14. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I'm sitting on 80,000 dollars with a KD of 1.99 Lvl 34

AUG w/ silencer.

Get sum.

15. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Good Stuff...Do you use Ghost(perk) like i do.?? It really helped out when everyones default killstreak was Spy Plane ,,,pure ownage

16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I love me some COD, but damn.. Do you have a life?

17. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

LOL!!

I've been getting the "Black Ops Itch" lately because im holding out till after my last class on Friday to get it. Buying Black Ops + Water Systems test on Thursday then quiz on Friday = Me pretty much throwing my text books into a trash can and lighting them on fire.

I'm kind of sad to see the end of MW2 though (atleast for a good while). I FINALLY got to a 2.0 k/d the other day at about 42,000 kills

18. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Ghost and a silencer.

19. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I'm guessing you are talking XBox Live terms, b/c there's no such thing on PC. At least not that I've seen?

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It's supposed to be an upgraded version of the World At War engine, so it should feel more like Call of Duty: World at War. Lol...