1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Meat eaters vs plant eaters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BrieflySpeaking, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Eating meat seems very natural and intuitive to me. Humans have long consumed meat as part of a diet. What some in this thread seem to forget is that we are animals above all else. I can understand having a moral issue with modern ranching and farming as it is unnecessarily cruel.

However I have hunted my entire life, I have killed bison, deer, fowl, pig and everything in between. I eat what I kill and see no moral issue with it, because I believe it is part of nature.

2. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Wait wait wait....THE GUY SAID HE PUTS MIRACLE WHIP ON HIS BAKED POTATO!!!...and you say THIS?!

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

No I didnt.

I was responding to the OP's comment of:
    I do have a weak stomach for violence and inhumane treatment. Raise animals humanely and use the land EFFICIENTLY. (I do eat less beef, more chicken now. I've never been a big red meat guy)

Though there are the 5%'er people who love to rub in the superiority of their ethical positions. At work our microwave is close to the office. I've noticed at work when I've microwaved food that they'll shut the door. I thought why, and came to the conclusion that it has the smell of meat and vegan girl in the office doesnt want to smell it :rolleyes:

More things are having "2nd hand smoke" objectification now.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

If someone heckles you for eating meat, and that person doesn't know you... then they're the ones that have a problem. **** them.

Now if it's someone you know, you can just say stfu and continue eating.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Why would they avoid death? To avoid a negative stimuli, you have to couple it with a negative sensation/ w.e otherwise nothing would be telling an animal it is in jeapordy.

Pain in humans is very emotional, due to our higher processing ability, so yes I agree it is very different from organism to organism, but regardless the organism experiences unpleasantness, causing it to steer away from the situation as much as possible.