1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Meat eaters vs plant eaters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BrieflySpeaking, Aug 23, 2011.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

If you don't eat animal protein, you will be weaker and less healthy than people that do. If you refuse to eat animals, at least eat dairy and eggs, or use protein concentrates from those sources. (Or be weaker and less healthy.)

Not completely serious:
    [​IMG]

2. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I only eat meat and vegetables.

No grains.

4. Mr. Clutch

Animal meat has good fats too.

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Paleo diet? I eat paleo more than I don't. I have good results from it, but I like grains and sugars too much to give them up completely.

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

a life without meat is not one worth living.

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

You only need one serving of meat a day.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I was raised in a vegetarian household and I'm accustomed to that diet. I'm also repulsed by the idea of eating the flesh of anything that was able to think, feel pain, etc. As in, if I put something in my mouth that I immediately recognize as meat, I will reflexively spit it out. I don't judge or seek to convert meat eaters around me. If I was on a meat-based diet for 20 years, I can't say I would be willing to switch away from it.

I recognize some health benefits in eating meat, in moderation, and it would definitely make things more convenient. But I don't crave meat whatsoever and there are good moral reasons to steer away from it (if you care about things like animal cruelty and the environment), so I have no inclination to add it to my diet.

1 person likes this.
  9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I don't see how any Christian or anyone claiming religious/moral superiority can in good consciousness eat meat and reconcile the fact that they are not sinning.

1 person likes this.
  10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Without additional supplements a moderate meat eater would probably be the healthiest.

11. Mr. Clutch

They say fish don't feel pain.

I never really crave meat or vegetables. Usually I would crave processed junk before I gave it up.

12. droopy421

droopy421 Member

(Not sure if serious)

Genesis 9:3 Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

We are singers, therefore we sing. :eek:

CRAP, you meant "sin." Never mind.

14. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Does your car have leather interior? What are you loafers made of? What about your belt, wallet, purse. Just asking where you draw the line.

I had a person tell me how wrong it is to kill animals for human consumption. She later mentioned her mom bought a new Mercedes. I asked her what her interior was made of and she got real quiet.

1 person likes this.
  15. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I don't see how any Christian or anyone claiming religious/moral superiority can in good consciousness judge others so readily.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is a kill or be killed world.

Bring on that meat !

DD

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just because a bean sprout cannot scream doesn't mean it does not feel pain, think, etc.
    Maybe we simply lack the facilities to process what it is feeling :D

For all we know. . . plants could be as smart as us . . . just choose not to interact with us *grin*

Seriously. I think Donny said something similar . .. just eat well
    all things in moderation

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

That's what I try to do. There is no way I can go vegetarian. I try to buy cage free eggs and chicken, natural and organic meats as much as possible. But its not always readily available or affordable.

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I make no excuses nor lie to myself. I totally agree it's cruel, unfair, etc. because most of these animals for consumption are treated poorly. But I still do it.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I grew up eating meat as a child, but gave it up shortly after I began college. It's now been 10 years since I've had any type of meat, and I can honestly say I don't miss it one bit. Sure, when I was younger, I loved a good burger, but there is no way I can, in good conscience, knowingly consume the flesh of another sentient being. When I first became a vegetarian, things were much harder in the sense that options were incredibly limited. However, over the last 10 years, the selection of veggie food has grown infinitely. It is now every bit as convenient to be a vegetarian as it is to not be one, and I don't even really feel like I'm giving up quality. I understand that it's not everybody's cup of tea, and that it is as much their right to eat meat as it is my right to NOT eat meat, but the people who claim that they only eat meat out of convenience should re-assess their argument in today's world.

1 person likes this.