1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MDA joins Brooklyn as an assistant

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Oct 30, 2020.

?

Did you want MDA to leave?

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    48.2%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Meh

29 vote(s)
    34.1%
  1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Per Woj. MDA shot himself in the foot.

Dacamel, RocketFan and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think it’s pretty cool that the band down in PHX is getting back together

What’s Marion up to these days?

Dacamel, CHI and treyk3 like this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He was an above average coach. I think he maxed out what he could accomplish here. His weaknesses were glaring and sometimes it felt as if he was unable to adjust and just thought that doing the same thing would result in something different the next time. I think he was treated unfairly last season with the public negotiations and I do believe that is why Morey began to resent Tilman. I'm not completely happy with where the team is right now and I'm not sure that Tilman can ever gain my trust as a fan again, but I do think our coaching staff will be better next year.

James.B.H, Y2JT, gatsby and 10 others like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ended up in a better situation and better chance at getting to the nba finals. good for him. net are going to be one to watch with that supporting cast + KD,kyrie, DJ, and dinwiddie returning

Y2JT and D-rock like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Less stress at the sidelines.

Y2JT and Highlyrated like this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Seems like a better less stressful situation, especially for his age. Also he doesn't have to deal with Tilman anymore so it's always a plus

ak99999, Corrosion, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wanted him to go, because we didn't have the right balance and flexibility, but I feel he is a great guy.
    I'm happy for him.

RustyHarden and Dacamel like this.
  9. HardenVolumeOne

my biggest gripe with mike was he never played his young talent, montrezl, dekker, ihart had breakout games and then were never heard from again. Hopefully silas has a bigger rotation

beardsanity713, B-Bob, kjayp and 5 others like this.
  10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully I'll run into him in Brooklyn at one of my restaurants. I'll thank him for everything and beg for him and Morey to buy the Rockets from Tilman!

B-Bob and Dacamel like this.
  11. Mr. Space City

It's his best role for an organization with championship aspirations. Good offensive mind, but lacks key details when it comes to running an entire team. Just let him focus on what he does best, and leave the other stuff to other people.

amaru, kjayp, saleem and 1 other person like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

that and inability to call timeout at the right time

B-Bob, kjayp and Dacamel like this.
  13. s3ts

s3ts Member

KD + Kyrie both have rings. How the **** is MDA and Nash going to convince them of anything?

[​IMG]

calurker, saleem and Dacamel like this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

ASSISTANT?!?!? but... but... I thought MDA was ' a genius' that would have 'many teams trying to sign him to be HC'....

shows you how overvalued he was on this board...

The guy has his better attributes - but his flaws are glaring and he's to stubborn to change... imo...

amaru, ak99999, Theking and 1 other person like this.
  15. kjayp

because he was always running his best guys into the ground to inflate his stats - even during garbage time... He wasnt going to risk his precious stats by going through 'growing pains' and actually trying to develop guys...

He wants to viewed as some offensive guru and be beyond reproach...

I never liked the guy - and I'm glad he's gone.

Highlyrated likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Trez played more minutes as a rook under MDA than he did his 1st season with Clips. Same with Dekker. Both Capela and House were developed under MDA to become key starters.

And D'Antoni's Suns were one of the youngest teams in the NBA even in their 7 seconds or less heyday. Only Nash was 30 while all rest of the core was in early to mid 20's - Amare was 2nd year player, Joe Johnson 3rd year player, Matrix as well.

MDA is gone, its unnecessary to continue propagating this BS narrative just because CF and media hated his system or hated the man personally.

Trump has trained us to believe lies are truths just because he repeats it ad nauseam.

All because it is your own personal belief that Hartenstein and/or Clark deserved larger roles - on a team that this head coach needed single every win every single season.

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Because they respect those two. Durant at least respects the hell out of Nash!

Y2JT likes this.
  18. kjayp

Trez total min
    15-16 - 379
    16-17 - 1064
    17-18 - 1293 with Clips
    18-19 - 2158

peddle yer liberal lies elsewhere...

lol

Swapshop likes this.
  19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He was a good coach. I wouldn't have minded him leaving if we were replacing him with someone better. He had his faults yes but he did some amazing things here in Houston and that 2017-2018 run was the best run I've seen from this Houston team in a long time. It's up in the air with Silas now. I am honestly more worried about Morey leaving than I am of MDA!

20. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Overrated just like morey