1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MCW.....(Defense, post play, & improved 3%)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T. Will tha Don, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i'm glad he's working. he needs it. but the talent is there. defensively though, he's a guy that can give Curry and Thompson problems.

2. bongman

bongman Member

I thought I saw Blake Griffin there

3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

You just wait till @Os Trigonum finds out!

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Michael Carter Williams is not going to contribute positively to the Rockets this season. He's not good.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He was in the second session.

I also saw Marcus Smart in the first video, with Victor Oladipo. But besides them I couldn't see him being guarded by anyone of name.

It's different when they actually guard each other the entire game (or most of) kinda like this:

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OP demonstrates he deserves ROTY status

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  7. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

It's highlight from 3-on-3. You get more spacing. And it is highlight. They are showing only the good part and they don't look that good to me.

seeingredtx likes this.
  8. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I could of swore I commented on a video of MCW already....

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

WOW! And those high schoolers he's playing against aren't going easy on him!

amaru likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

IF he gets playing time.... I wont be surprised at all if they have him NOT taking ANY 3's.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I think too many folks are under estimating what he can contribute. Has he lived up to his draft status? Of course not, but he has a set of skills that if used appropriately can be a net positive.

Shooting threes? Not so much.
    Situational defense? Definitely.
    Energy off the bench? Yes.

I completely forgot he was ROTY in his first season.

basketballholic and Little Bit like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty much can say this about all the players that aren't that good that are brought here. he can play "defense". he'll just be another guy.

13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

As one of MCW"s bigges critics.....I like that he is working on his game. Thats the only way you can get better.

Now I want to see it translatet o the court vs NBA caliber players and not scrubs.

May the force be with you.

D-rock, saleem and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  14. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

He's working hard, teams can't ask for more from a player like him. Whether he's good during the season is a whole different ball game, but at least he's working, and he knows he's at the cusp of being out of the league so he probably feels the crunch to be doing double work this summer.

Everyone looks good in their training videos, one of the reasons being that they are usually just showing your makes and no one looks bad in a video where they are making everything.

15. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

That's been his goal for some time, maybe he finally gets there. Career high is 27.3%, so it would be a big jump. His career from the corner is 29.6%, but he his a career high the year he had that 27.3% 3PT was 35.7% from the corner. It was 25.5% of his total attempts (55) which meant just 14 attempts, so it really doesn't mean much, lol, but it is what it is.

16. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

This is the most likely scenario, certainly. Him contributing more than sucking would be the exception, which is essentially the hope of the FO and coaching.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

MCW will be in the 6 man rotation come playoff time. Carmelo Anthony will not.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah if beard/cp3/ego/melo/tuckwagon/capela/ennis all get injured in game 82

19. Handles

Handles Member

You could argue that LMAM, ariza, and tucker were redundant last year but that still worked great for us. I don’t think it’s possible to have too many long athletic dudes.

I also think Melton is really going to have to earn his playtime. It will be hard for a rookie to crack this rotation, but I’ll be thrilled if he does. If I had to guess, MCW has a better chance of getting some burn as it stands today.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

MCW will be the Rocket's own version of Utah's Dante Exum, the "Harden Stopper." :D

Vivi likes this.