1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McNair to be in Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moestavern19, Jan 8, 2001.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well Titan Fans you did get one gift , It appears Brian Griese will skip the Pro Bowl , And WIth McNair next in Line he wil probably be third string behind Manning and Gannon .
    -------------------------------------------
    Monday, January 8
    Griese to have surgery this week

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com news services

DENVER -- Tennessee's Steve McNair likely will replace Denver Broncos starting quarterback Brian Griese in this year's Pro Bowl.

Griese missed six of Denver's final seven games with a separated right shoulder. He will have surgery Wednesday and will likely need about four months to recover.

The NFL is expected to announce this week that McNair will take Griese's place on the AFC team in the Feb. 4 game.

McNair was originally named first alternate to the AFC team, behind Oakland's Rich Gannon, Peyton Manning of Indianapolis, and Griese. The Titans had an NFL-high eight players named to the Pro Bowl.

McNair threw for 2,865 yards and 15 touchdowns this year. He struggled in Sunday's 24-10 playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

------------------
    "Its a good thing they don't make posters of European players"

-Walt Williams after getting "posterized" by Zan Tabak .

2. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

And here I was hoping this thread was about Bob McNair getting into the Pro Bowl.

------------------
    Houston Sports Board

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Well deserved. He's a great leader and it's nice to see somebody get respect for just that. We all know his stats are weak, but he's a proven winner.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I admit I was kinda scared of taking a kid from Division I-AA SWAC Alcorn State but he has sure paid off. Kerry Collins (lead Penn St. to the Rose Bowl) was the 2nd QB taken by Carolina. With the problems that Collins has had on and off the field, I'm glad Bud took Air McNair.

------------------

5. Steve_Francis_rules

He deserves it. He's a great football player and doesn't get nearly the attention he deserves.
    Small consolation, though, for the crushing defeat yesterday.

------------------

6. mrpaige

Well, I remember wanting the Oilers to take Warren Sapp in that draft. I don't recall anyone ever thinking that Collins should be on the Oilers list.

Of course, I also wouldn't have traded Moon the year before, so if I ran the team, the Oilers likely wouldn't have even had the option of drafting Steve McNair (since the team would've been better and not had the #3 pick), and the Oilers would've had to pick someone like Kordell Stewart or Rob Johnson if it was imperative to pick a QB in the 1995 draft.

------------------
    Houston Sports Board

7. Steve_Francis_rules

see mrpaige, this is a situation where being bad turned out well.

------------------

8. mrpaige

Sure did. That happens from time to time.

It's just like with the Spurs. Had they not had their bad season a few years back, they wouldn't have been in the lottery and gotten Duncan.

------------------
    Houston Sports Board