1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mchales treatment of Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lid1013, Nov 20, 2013.

1. nono

nono Member

Smiegel you are wrong

2. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

I think you have an image of what a Lin fan is like and pigeon hole everyone who sounds like a LOF into that mold. Sensitive my a33. If fighting for what your believe in is sensitive because it does not fit into what you think it should be, then half of the problems in the US shouldn't exist because they were raised by "sensitive" people. If those "Lin Fans" are exactly what you think they are, all of them would be crybaby losers tethering at the bottom of the socio economic ladder. Surprisingly, they are not and from a broad spectrum of the American and global society.

I am a casual Rox fan for years. Started with Hakeem and then Yao and TMac. So, I am here defending "LOFs" not because I am a LOF but as a person who sees things like it is. Lin fans are passionate about Lin. That is fine and it comes with the demographic. Lin appeals to not just Asian Americans but also a huge group of people who like Lin for what he is, an underdog having success in an arena that he is least expected to succeed. This chimes with many Americans. The further drama of Lin, the underdog being treated like one made many of these so called LOFs cheer him more and come to his defense at every perceived slights and mistreatment. Whether the Lin slights and mistreatment is true or not is irrelevant. So to complain about "noise" from LOFs is so hypocritical because many of the non-LOF noises that existed on this forum were not isolated out and had the posters described with all kinds of derogatory descriptions and stereotyping. You know...kind of like Lin's basketball journey from High School to NBA......

If you think you want to ban those that you feel does not fit into your narrow definition of a basketball fan, then please go to some other forums that are exclusive to "those that belongs".

This forum can improve by having some restrictions on thread starting but should be hands off on others to maintain the spirit of free speech.

2 people like this.
  3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Why do lin fans have to be liars.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Spam? I thought it was a college lecture and was taking notes. You mean there'll be no quiz?

Wait, why was I listening to that?

5. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

Very truthful and an open minded perspective ,I'm very saddened to read a demeaning remarks every time you read a topic in this forum esp. thrown at your joined date,it doesn't matter if your houston fan,if you defend Lin, someone will post to brand you as LOF.It seems the most sensitive people on this forums are the people that's hate Lin's fan or Lin itself,I doubt if they are really a Rockets fan because if you are,you will cheer on your player.Other fans need to wake up, Houston Rockets have fans all over the world and they belong to a very different background,if they like the player ,for sure they hate the team to lose every time they play and that make them as a Rockets fans.And BTW Lin helped our team to make the play off last year and he's even better this year!

6. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Enough of this crap, let's talk about McHale's shoddy treatment of Ronnie Brewer! By the way, I am a BOF.

7. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

I don't know why you were listening to it but I was listening to it because of this post if yours. Now I need a cup of coffee. Oh, what's the point...

8. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

really? this is what you can respond to that piece? calling all lin fans "liars"? This is a real standout of those "2012ers". Bravo!

9. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Just put him on your ignore list. He is a known troll.

10. webattorney

webattorney Member

response

Spiegel is the smartest and most truthful poster in the universe, including aliens.

11. RocketPowerNick

McHale is a much better coach than Lin is a player

Harden and McHale can win us a championship if Dwight can make his FTs

12. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

"Where's Turbo?!"

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Because half the nonsense he wrote was false. He is a ex YOF/LOF and the rest of the garbage about being narrow minded was his imagination.

14. Razsan

Razsan Member

Really???
    Regular Season 127 wins 129 loses .496 Playoffs 2-4 .333

15. DL24

DL24 Member

big game tonight, go rockets go!

LOH and LOF waiting in the shadows to pounce!!! tip off in 30min

16. Hmm

Hmm Member

[​IMG]

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden and a monkey can win us a championship if Dwight shoots 90% from the freethrow line

18. clutz

clutz Member

Lin hatred on full display in the 4Q tonight.

19. conquistador#11

it's kind of obvious there is something there that isn't right. coaches can smile for the media but when someone isn't there guy, they'll make it their point.

13 points, cutting down the lead to 5 and his match up only had 8.

1 person likes this.
  20. pakattak

pakattak Member

Nah dude. Lin was benched for rest, but the lineup started on a run. You don't change the lineup when it's the first one that's really been working all night.

I have absolutely NO DOUBT that Lin could have done very well in Bev's place in the fourth. But don't disturb a flow when it's working, y'know??