1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mchales treatment of Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lid1013, Nov 20, 2013.

1. lid1013

lid1013 Member

Granted Lin had a bad game tonight and it is only ONE game but...Call me a LOF but with the way hes played this season, Lin deserves more minutes AND on top of that deserves to stay on the court despite having a rough shooting night. Mchale sees Lin as nothing more than a bench player...if hes having a good game he'll leave him in if not then off to the bench. 6th men like Ginobli and Crawford all get better treatment than a normal bench player and also have the green light and are encouraged to shoot the ball.

No matter how well Lin plays Mchale will never see anything more in his game. If Lin has a great game then Mchale simply says hes playing well, he never ever said once that he believed Lin was a good player. Once Bev got on the team Mchale said something along the lines of "you are going places with the team" or something like that. When you favor a player over another in this case Bev over Lin, then all of Bevs good moments will stand out while Lins bad moments will stand out all thatt much more. Its hard for Mchale to change his view of Lin since his first impression was not a good one. Any future bad games from Lin will only be reassurance for Mchale that he was right all along.

END RANT

4 people like this.
  2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Glad you saved this enormous turd of a thread for Lin's worst game of the season. Stop posting.

4 people like this.
  3. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

This.

4. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Yeah he pretty much played end of the bench minutes. But even that, he wasn't making his shots.

5. jackycool

jackycool Member

Thank you.

6. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I'm seriously wondering if Lin is really going to be traded now. He was playing so uninspired, like I'm not going to hurt myself uninspired. Torocan mentioned a possible Melo trade here, ala Stephen A Smith. I said this before, Stephen A is annoying, but the dude's got inside scoop. Esp. with Melo's agent.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

he wasn't scoring and Bev was doing a better job on Monta.

8. Man

Man Contributing Member

Bro, he was terrible tonight

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin was ineffective in the areas where we need him.

It wasn't just that he wasn't hitting the 3 ball, it was more that he couldn't break down the defense very well. He didn't get to the rim at all tonight. On the PnR - he never got more than a few feet in before being forced to turn back. he got caught and had to pick up his dribble many times. He was not playing well at all.

So I can't blame McHale for not giving him more minutes. When a guy is playing timidly out there when his role is to be aggressive and break down defenses...than what are you going to do?

10. Cypress

Cypress Member

Stamp of approval.

11. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Lin' role is not clear, his time overlaps with Hardens and Bev. No more picks and rolls I

12. lid1013

lid1013 Member

Thats the problem with people here. You guys knee jerk about everything. Its like your views of players change according to whether they have a good game or not. At least I don't rag on other players because they are having a bad game.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Um, NYK will not trade their cornerstone 11 games into the season.

14. DL24

DL24 Member

100% agree, you dont even sound like LOF, just rational observations

1 person likes this.
  15. solid

solid Contributing Member

I'm a huge Lin fan, but he looked lost tonight. Hard to explain. It was like he was in a fog.

16. DH78

DH78 Member

Excellent Post and Thread!

McHale is a horrible coach and no one can tell me that he doesn't hate Lin's game.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So what you're saying is that if Lin isn't playing well, McHale takes him out of the game? This demands an investigation!

1 person likes this.
  18. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

They would if they know he's not going to take his player option next year. They need to get something in return, anything, can't let an asset like that go for nothing.

19. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Looked like the strategy was to feed Dwight inside. Lin's skill set isn't really needed...

However, what happened to "fit" and having him run the second unit? I don't see any of that...just Casspi and Garcia throwing up ****s as they please. And Asik seems completely lost out there...

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Did McHale shoot for Jeremy tonight, or take him in the back before the game to break his wrists so he couldn't shoot?

Lin couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and Larkin, Ellis, etc. were dicing their way through our perimeter defense like it was nobody's business. They needed Bev in the last stretch to try and keep Ellis from having his way in the P&R. If Lin can start showing me that he can not be a - in his pick and roll coverage I will start agreeing with BS threads like this maybe…. but not tonight. Lin was horrible, and so was everything else defensive related with the Rockets organization as a whole.

You guys need to learn to save rant threads like this for nights when you actually have a case to be made. Pumping this out tonight doesn't help your case. Just an FYI.