1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale's Fatherly Instincts piss me off....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Liberon, Dec 20, 2012.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I thought shayan's "What If" thread was possibly the worst of the year. Nope. This wins in a landslide.

Liberon. You, sir, are a moron.

1 person likes this.
  2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You are an absolute moron. Go play in traffic

3. Granville

Granville Member

Liberon is f'n idiot.

4. blink

blink Contributing Member

I think it's one of those situations where you don't know unless you've been around a wide range of lupus patients. Even then, the ones that don't make it are surprising and the ones that do are equally as surprising.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe because I frequently play Devil's Advocate or maybe because I don't like seeing a guy get universally beaten down I think I can see Liberon's point

If it was me how I would react in that situation might be different the way McHale is reacting and I think that is what Liberon is saying. The problem though is that he has phrased it very poorly. I think if he stuck to just pointing out that he himself would do it different while recognizing that he isn't McHale, doesn't know everything about McHale this might not come off as such an asshat statement.

6. ashiin

ashiin Member

Except the title of this thread clearly shows that he's ****ting on McHale and his ability as a father, not just saying what he would have done different.

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

If I were your child I would run away from home.

1 person likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Or maybe because you didn't read thoroughly enough.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you will just sit beside for a year and not work, live your life or anything?

do you have an idea actually how much time in the past year Mchal has spent with his daughter? 25%, 50%, 75%...

10. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

The OP is a dumbass.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Full stop

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Perhaps if you read that post thoroughly or understood the term " Devil's Advocate".

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

True he is coming off as an asshat but I don't think we all would act the same in that situation. Liberon is mistakenly projecting his own view on McHale without considering.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Boo you suck!

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's projecting his own values. That's one should sacrifice everything for their kids' happiness. While noble, I think McHale showed himself to be a great father.

No parent is required to leave their job and life for an entire year to keep their sick (but not necessarily terminally ill) adult child company. If a parent decides to do that, that's their prerogative. And if they do not, that is as well. I don't think she ever once complained about wishing her dad was there for her the whole entire time every waking moment.

If I were in her shoes, I would not want someone to give up what they loved and had passion for so they could hang out with me all the time even if my days were numbered.

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I do not care. I disagree with many people on this forum. But What the OP did in this post is really disgusting, a man's daughter died (the worst thing that can happen in a fathers life) and he complains about how the father handeld the situation. We have no idea how the situation was with the Mchales, and even f we did we have no right to judge a father on how he handles such a situation.

First to think those things is terrible, but to actually go on a message board and saying/writing those things is just disgusting. Some things are off limits even on a message board and the OP crossed that line. I hope he will get banned and I will report him to the Clutch crew.

I have never put anybody on my ignore list, but i'm willing to make an exeption for the OP. the OP really disgusts me.

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Why hasn't this myopic asshat apologized yet?

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm not a fan of McHale as a coach, but this is a topic you don't touch.