1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale will meet with general manager Daryl Morey and owner Leslie Alexander in Florida on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texanasiafan, May 7, 2014.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I pray to God that this actually happened.

Morey now will have enough reason to let me go right away.

I don't McHale is that smart, but he is not that stupid to ask for an extension under this situation.

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Nobody said it was a stupid idea, but it does show a lack of leadership. Also, this is what you initially said:

Since you didn't know that McFail had "been there and done that" as a player, you want to come back in and add a qualifier of guys who "have done it on this team," which is actually irrelevant, because McFail could have shared his experience since he had "been there and done that" himself. Again, this is the same guy whose response on how to motivate the team was "I don't know what to do." If all this plus everything else that we know doesn't show a lack of leadership and demonstrate a general level of incompetence then I didn't know what does.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

After two timeouts! TWO!

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Well, let me rephrase it -- I don't think it shows a lack of leadership. I have no shame at all in saying I was not aware of him having faced that same situation, but it doesn't change my opinion in the least. How do you know he didn't share his experience as well? Again, I would have thought bringing in those voices of encouragement was a good idea even if we had the most elite of elite HCs. The more positivity and motivation in situations like that, the better.

I know there are plenty of people here who are on the "absolutely every single thing about him sucks" train, but I'm just not one of them. There is plenty to criticize him on -- this is just not one of them, IMO. We don't have to agree.

5. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Opponents fg% is definitely NOT a good indicator on defense, not when the team gave up 7.5 FGA's/game. Your opponent comes down on offense. The points they score by the time you get the ball back is the the whole process of defense. That's called one possession. What happens in between does NOT matter.

We had more serious problem than just missing Asik for the better part of the season. I've been criticizing about our team defense since Dec. It's not about one player missing nor a few players missing. That's only the symptom of our real problem.

Warriors dumped two of their dead weights. In today's CBA, the cost for dumping a bad contract will usually cost a first round.

The strength of a team lies in its points differential. The win/loss is just a byproduct. The difference between last two years is about 4 wins.

Even if we account the 9-win difference, It had a lot more to do with Bev than Dwight, whom coasted in more games than not.

6. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

When McHale coaches, Murphy's law applies.

When McHale doesn't resign, Peter's law applies. He will get fired from a job that he's not competent for.