1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale to receive 2nd interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCHAMP, May 17, 2011.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

What if he becomes obsessed with counting all the screws in the toyota center floor?

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Are we going to see McHale running some Triangle offense next year with this squad

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

oops, it was Kurt Rambis who ran it my bad.

4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I can see McHale as a backup option who would be willing to groom a successor if we miss the chance to land a solid coach.

On a side note - I think McHale would be a good choice for the Kings. McHale can get through to Cousins.

5. inishi

inishi Member

Are you kidding? The rockets firing Rick Adelman and trading away Shane, the type of player you want on a team that is in win now mode, showed have told you that they aren't too serious about winning now.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

I don't understand the fascination with McHale - is it becuase he is so universally bad at GM-ing that it's understood by all parties Morey will have entirely free rein? and/or as others state, he's a caretaker coach who will be sacrificed to the Rebuilding Gods in a few years.

#46 SamFisher, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  7. inishi

inishi Member

That is with RA and the system he runs. With a new coach and the still gaping holes in our defense, that is a long shot

8. blackistan

blackistan Member

I really hope we dont get this guy

9. DieHard Rocket

The more I think about it, the less I will be surprised if it is McHale. Morey always shocks us with trades that work out in our favor. Obviously finding a coach and finding players are a completely different process, but McHale is kind of an "outside the box"/"swing for the fences" hire.

I could imagine McHale being the leader and motivator, and having an asst to run the offense and another to run the defense. Similar to football. Mchale oversees everything and his job is to get the best out of everyone.

For the record, I'm still in strong favor for Casey. But, McHale intrigues me for some reason. Chances are he'd be a big fat red mark on Morey's resume, but you never know ... Larry Bird did very well in Indiana when he first got into coaching.

10. SuperKev

SuperKev Member

Is there a 'None of the Above' selection?

11. E_Saiyan

E_Saiyan Member

Anyone wonder if hiring McHale as coach would have anything to do with going after Minnesota's #2 pick?

12. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Thing about McHale is that he commands respect from his players, just due to his past championships. Who wouldn't want to play for a guy who won and knows how to win multiple rings?

I'll take McHale over Frank and Casey.

13. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Member

14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Member

15. saleem

saleem Member

Could change very quickly even if it is true.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

I'd rather have Joel McHale. That could have already been said, but I haven't been paying attention.

My thoughts on Kevin McHale:

[​IMG]