1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "threw a fit" over losing Dragic, will leave after season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrdan, Jul 30, 2012.

1. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Then it was the rest of the players he couldn't evaluate because wasn't it Mchale that took Mayo over Rose.

2. David Stern

David Stern Member

Mayo over Rose? Rose was the first pick in his respective draft class....Mayo was selected to be traded for Love.

Not sure what your talking about here.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

no man. facts don't matter. let the McHale hate flow.

4. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

NY Media and JLin

Hello all. I hope you don't mind a NYer jumping in. Not sure if I'm supposed to introduce myself in more detail as this is my first post here or not, but I'll try to keep on topic for this one.

Parts of the NY media, with NYDN and NY Post leading the way, have been jumping ugly on Lin since the whole offer sheet thing went down. And I don't think they are going to stop any time soon. Don't know if it's pandering to Dolan and MSG or what but most of the NY media has just been horrific and pretty embarrassing when it comes to JLin in the last couple of weeks. Any story they can twist to shine a less than stellar light on Jeremy they will. And that's when they're being kind.

The, basically, character assassination that has gone on regarding this kid, who's been nothing short of total class from the moment he signed with the Knicks, is really pathetic. Sad thing is, some of the Knick fan base actually buys this crap. smh

Whoever posted about the NYDN being one step above the Post, which is one step above the Nat Enquirer, etc. is spot on. Nothing more than tabloid press which will continue to spew out one negative JLin story after another.

I have no idea what's going on with McHale but expect more of the NY media being fixated on the Rockets for a while. It's like their mission has become to tear down Jeremy as much as possible, rather than covering the teams that are actually in our city. Oy!

Sorry if that got long and I hope it was OK that I posted. I don't know how you guys look upon fans that are here because of Lin, but I did order my JLin Rockets T-shirts last week.....I'm here for Jeremy but I'm rooting for your whole team and organization. After the way the Knicks handled this whole thing, they are basically dead to me now.

Carol

5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Sorry that s/b picked Mayo over Love.

I did like that he got someone mature to hang with KG when he was young. I also think the trade you speak of was good. However, thats about it that I can remember. The rest of his moves seem pretty meh to doh for a rebuild.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

For some reason I doubt the legitimacy of this article.

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

............it was a draft day trade. you can't blame McHale for the pick and praise for the trade. they are the same thing.

He picked OJ Mayo for the Grizzlies and traded down a few spots to get Kevin Love. In the process, he dropped bad salaries and got Mike Miller.
    It was perhaps the most brilliant draft performance of the last decade.

8. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Two words: Mitch Lawrence - he's known for making $hit up and quote "league source".

For some reasons, he and Frank Isola, both of the New York Daily News, have an agenda against Lin.

9. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Give McHale a dozen games with the new lineup. Lin made D'Antoni look like a genius by executing the P&R perfect. Maybe Lin will make McHale look like a genius too.

10. ejarts

ejarts Member

Hell, get D'Antoni, he's not bad. Phoenix was always in the playoff picture when he was there. Plus he coaches with the Olympic team.

Or Larry Brown. Or JVG.

McHale should just go back to commentating games. He's not a head coach, maybe a defensive/bigs coach, not a head coach.

I've been hating on him since I saw his rotations early season. He's just clueless. Any coach can coach pick and roll.

11. butterball

butterball Member

Well duh he threw a fit. Heck, I threw a fit when heard we let Dragic go just because of a team option.

McHale does not suck. He did exactly what Adelman did twice: land us the 14th pick during a shortened lockout season.

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Thanks. I didn't remember it like that but that is a good move.

13. thekad

thekad Member

Hope this is true.

14. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Rose was number 1, not even possible to take anyone over the 1st pick

15. Nero

Nero Member

Welcome and thanks for the heads up. Pretty much confirms everything we have thought about the NY papers since Morey decided to grab Lin.

But I can totally understand them not wanting to spend much time talking about the Knicks - that looks like a massive painful train wreck waiting to happen.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I agree. Mchale is not, and was never the right fit for this team. Rick Adelman would have been a much better fit with the current roster (although he would probably hate having so many rookies). I think Adelman would have the current roster coached up to playoff level in probably two years, to be honest.

17. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

New York is still butthurt that we took Lin from them. They are just trying to make our team look bad to get revenge on us.

Nothing to see here.

18. Nero

Nero Member

Adelman wrecked Morey's plans by refusing to even attempt to play TWill.

The GM is above the coach on the totem pole, Morey was Adelman's boss, and Rick basically said 'Screw you I am not playing that guy', thus costing us the loss of a first round pick to nothing.

I know it was an ugly situation all around, and really was probably Morey's worst move as GM, but when it comes down to it, if you give your boss the finger, you are gonna get fired. And that's what happened to Rick.

At least that's how I have heard it all described anyway..

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

Ouch. LOL. Well said though. I think I read somewhere that one of those NY media companies, either the post or the daily news is owned by the person who runs fox news. If that is the case then that definitely says something.

20. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

The Knicks don't deserve Lin.