1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale post game. Thinks D was perfect on last shot.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theangrycanary, May 3, 2014.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sigh... Clueless as McHale.

2. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

It's funny how so many posters have said this throughout the year and each was insulted or worse labelled a LOF. I guess people are starting to get it.

1 person likes this.
  3. whistleblower

whistleblower Member

What an idiot.

4. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

so who thinks parsons is still a good defender?

5. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

McHale is the epitime of a sorry coach. Never takes the blame. Has no clue. Has no strategy. Turrible post game interviews. Horrific huddle and time out instructions. PFTTT

PLEASE MOREY AND LESS...HURRY UP AND FIRE THIS DUDE SO I CAN ENJOY THE OFFSEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

6. hltiki

hltiki Member

Wow Wtf, I'm not even... I don't... Wow ****in a

7. fchowd0311

not when he is gaurding 6'3" blistering fast point gaurds... I don't expect many 6'9" small foawards to keep up also. Apparently McHale does.

8. hotpotato

hotpotato Member

or McHale wasn't coaching, the players were just doing their own thing.

Who called last defense play? McHale or Harden?

9. fchowd0311

In either case it's due to poor disipline instilled by the coach.

10. torocan

torocan Member

Does it matter who called the last defensive play?

The better question is why was our WORST perimeter defender (Harden) even ON the floor? Why was TJones (a POST defender) on the floor?

Or did Harden and Tjones suddenly turn into +perimeter defenders between games 5 and 6? :(

1 person likes this.
  11. dookiester

dookiester Member

I don't know if we'll ever know, but I wonder what was discussed in the timeout. I know McHale says they discussed not giving up a 3, but did the coaching staff review any specific assignments with these guys? Others have questioned the utility of having Jones defend the inbounder instead of using him as another body to guard potential shooters. No matter what was discussed, it was a great shot by Lillard, but the idea that our coaching staff believes we couldn't have played that last possession with better defense is troubling. And I don't know if that's really what the coaches believe, despite the misleading thread title - McHale says they didn't execute so maybe they discussed some specific strategies. I'm just curious what they discussed and how the execution fell short of that. If the players were just told not to give up a 3, and McHale considers that lack of execution, then there's definitely a deficiency in the coaching. If the players were instructed to watch for specific actions and how to react and defend against those actions, and failed to do so, then it's on the players.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Steve Blake 2.0 except this one really effin blows. Right in the feels

13. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Maybe his rookie year...and all downhill from then on.

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Kobe in 2012 thought he was :/

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

jus ig'nant.....

16. NickKent

NickKent Member

Proof that he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about or doing. Fire his ass plz

17. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

wonder why Beverly wasnt defending him? Also, Ive been saying all week Parsons is garbage at defense... hes not very fast or big enough to defend the fast pg, thats kind of why Lin was good defending Lilliard tonight but nooo you take him out. I just feel that everyone brought their A game except McHale, I wish he would leave.

18. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Black people defend better. - Donald Sterling

19. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

See new thread with audio. smdh

20. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

There were a bunch of plays where offensive players blow by him and he goes for the lazy strip from behind which didn't work. However yes, he played good defense for the most part.

Just very annoying that he is capable of playing good defense but didn't earlier in the series.

That last play he saw Parsons get picked. I don't know why he didn't rotate to cover Lillard...