1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale on why Dwight did not succeed in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by corrado, Oct 20, 2016.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Makes sense, glad McHale shared this. Dwight is so immature, you're always going to have locker room problems. Think about our locker room during the early 90s with crazy Max. I think that spitting and consequent slap by Dream is just the tip of the iceberg.

2. Play07

Play07 Member

and dont tell me DMO was a stretch 4 next to him, they even had him and asik playing next to each other like this was the 1980's SMH

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It's interesting to see the narrative shift. I think a lot of "analysts" who were highly critical of Dwight during his time here will suddenly believe in him again now that he's gone.

superfob and DreamShook like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

[Clap] [Clap].

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

GOLD!

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

And yet everyone is cool with each other now....so what does that tell you?

TA shouldnt have been a problem, they're former teammates..
    Dekker and Smith were his Bffs
    He talked to Trez, Clint, Dmo,

Beas and Goudelock came later and MC leaving didn't help, so they're irrelevant...as is Jones, who hardly played..Ty as well..

So Harden, Brewer, Pat, Terry, KJ?

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Wow they are picking dallas over us. That is some BS.

8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Thomas insinuated Sacramento was also.

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

call it what you will... I hear players all the the time complaining about "being disrespected"...treated like "assets"... Was it Ron Harper talked about "doing time" when he was complaining about being on the Cliippers... just ways of saying they're feelings are hurt... as long as the checks are clearing, they should all pretty much stfu and be thankful they are getting paid ridiculous amounts to play a game.

Bottom line, most of these players have been coddled their whole lives... by High School coaches, by college programs... then they probably have guys like Morey promising them the moon....

I'd bet money that a LOT of promises were made to Dwight to get him to sign on the dotted line - regarding his 'role' as one of the 'cornerstones' of the team... then Dwight gets pretty much phased out on the offensive end...

Prior to joining the Rockets, I was never a fan of Dwight.
    I downright despised him when that whole news conference with SVG went down...
    but I do think the dude was done dirty by the Rox organization....

10. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

harden should have been mvp, he did all the work that year.. all mchale did was clap, clap, and dwight missed half the season

11. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

and if the rockets get a top 3 seed in the west, the league still wont give harden mvp. james harden is like the rg3 of the nba( so polarizing)

12. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

How about McHale on why McHale was McFail in Houston, and on how difficult it is to draw up a couple of set plays.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When James Harden didn't receive Dwight's high five..... It wasn't Dwight's fault at all. What the hell was that Rockets team about? And does James Harden still have a tight arrogant *******? I think so.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't understand this at all. Please list the ways Dwight was "done dirty" by the organization.

He refused to be a featured player in the offense because he didn't like the way he was being featured; even though the way the Rockets wanted him to play got him and the team to the WCF.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Pretty much Grant making excuses and blaming everyone but his new employee and McHale making excuses and blaming everyone but himself

ramotadab likes this.
  16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Now if only we could get Dwight's thoughts on why McHale didn't work out.

ramotadab likes this.
  17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I was more shocked at one of them saying Dallas would give the Warriors a run for their money. Dallas?!

18. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

lol they are probably picking dallas because of seth CURRY, bogut and barnes.. smh you would think this warrior lovefest would have died down after game 7, but durant had to be an idiot and join them

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

McHale showing, yet again, no leadership quality.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

well, they are taking over the world, so get use to FEEELLINGSS