1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale on the Hot Seat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, May 1, 2014.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

LOL. I think there is a pretty good chance that McHale actually doesn't get let go, and in that case I'm going to stay far away from the nuclear bomb that will be Clutchfans.net.

(FYI... I think McHale is a bad coach that they should replace if there is a clear upgrade available, but more than likely you just see a high caliber assistant get added to the staff to handle defensive duties).

2. Nook

Nook Member

Kevin McHale is not on the hot seat.

He led the Rockets to 54 wins, and only a rash of injuries kept them from 57-58 wins.

James Harden, Patrick Beverley, T Jones and Chandler Parsons all improved.

Morey knows that McHale is limited in what he can do based on the lack of depth.

McHale lost his top assistant coach on the eve of the playoffs.

The Blazers won virtually the same number of games as the Rockets, the Rockets have played the Blazers to a virtual stalemate in the series.

Would Morey replace McHale if Carlisle was available? Yes, but he won't be.

1 person likes this.
  3. tefunk

tefunk Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lakers will interview George Karl, Jeff Van Gundy, Byron Scott and Rambis for coaching vacancy. Also, as reported earlier, Calipari + Ollie</p>&mdash; Mike Bresnahan (@Mike_Bresnahan) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/statuses/461928163707084800">May 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

50+ wins, or even 55+, don't guarantee a coach's job nowadays. Just ask Lionel Hollins and George Karl.

5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

The question is obvious, can we win a ring with Mchale? Hell no. Nice guy, but get his azz outta here immediately!!

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

He also led them to a first round exit where they were heavy favorites. Also Vinny D says otherwise.

7. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Rockets need to scoop Karl up as soon as possible

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

It's posts like nook that sometimes get me close to the edge of rooting for a loss.... because, as has been evident when it comes to human stupidity/stubbornness, sometimes it takes something TRAGIC to wake them up and snap them out of it...

And if it that were indeed the thought process of Rocket's management (Les/Morey) then I'll happily teeter over that edge....

People just don't see the big picture anymore... It's all about short-term gratification... ffs...

9. JazzLakerHater

If the Lakers are going to interview Thibodeau, then the Rockets better do the same if they get bounced in the first round.

10. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

So Morey rather waste the two year window we have on Dwight Howard. He's smarter than that.

11. Hmm

Hmm Member

God, I certainly hope so...

12. steady

steady Member

In answer to the question, is McHale on the Hot Seat... Yes.

It's all about the playoffs, not the regular season. (see: George Karl)

13. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Unless we win the championship this year he should be let go. He got us to a certain point, but we're gonna need someone else if you want to get over the hump.

14. DocRock

DocRock Member

We should get Ollie. Might be able to get through to Harden, and if not, KD adores him and might be able to get him here. Also played with: Love, Lebron, Iggy, Jermaine O'neal, and a bunch of other vets we might want to recruit on the cheap.

I would've said only a veteran NBA coach, but Harden is looking more and more like a multiyear project.

15. noone

noone Rookie

I like the blazers coach steal him.

16. roswell raygun

Based on all his playoff success?

17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

voice of reason amongst all the hate.

Losing top assistant is huge one that I didn't even think of.

To add to nooks post..
    For the most part I think mchale has handled the asik issue pretty well considering.

Mchale should be up 4-1 series over robbed by league. THATs PRETTY MUCH A FACT JACK OOOOHHH.

Everyone says he can't make adjustments yet he has made multiple adjustments that have helped-
    - started asik instead of jones after jones got undressed by aldridge.
    - getting howard more involved and knowing playoffs is more half court, work inside out.
    - Playing aldridge differently
    - had the nads to play daniels who came up with a game winner (jvg, adelman, etc woudn't have)
    - played pnr howard/harden (I am a little annoyed he didn't go back to it but I also think there has been some push back from harden. Cue haters that he can't control harden)
    - HASN'T played scrubs like hamilton, trashpi,dmo (wouldnt mind garcia but I am onboard with the playoff rotation. Sometimes it's not what you do but what you don't do)

its fashionable to talk trash milk hair, mcfail all sound funny.

I would consider george karl just because I liked what he did against us with the sonics. But only if mchale left. Phil jackson is not walking through that door and I definitely wouldn't want byron scott, calipari, derek fisher (supposedly he is a candidate for lakers job yuck), or ollie who is a college coach I am not ready to anoint. You can't run out every college coach just because they won the ncaa tournament.come on guys. you are supposedly *better* than this.

JVG or stan van gundy I would consider but again only if mchale left on his own. same story with thibs and rivers. Its not like doc rivers has masterminded anything here either folks. dude is in a battle of his own has an all star team and don't give me that sterling distraction garbage.

Verdict: this mchale hating sucks on this board and is baseless besides a few subs here and there and iso harden thing. That's it. Everyone has their own bias that is polluting the FACTS. ANOTHER THATS A FACT JACK OOOOH.

The iso harden thing is as much diva harden in my mind as anything and coaching harden is probably pretty darn tough. Harden is freaking good but diva nonetheless. Good on mchale all things considered.

Is he the best x and o's guy? maybe not be he has made adjustments and is trying despite harden going diva. We don't know anything more than the x and o's part and there is way more to it that that.

I am not a mchale only fan. I am also not here to pile on because it sounds good and someone else here said it.

root for a loss sounds about right for a hater and not surprised at all. yawn.

18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Short of Rox winning championship, I feel McHale needs to go. He's a joke and becoming the punch line of jokes nationally as evidenced by cartoon tweeted by ESPN Wednesday. It would be inexcusable to bring him back.

19. Hmm

Hmm Member

Dismissing the context of a single statement from a larger point in favor of blind ra-ra nonsense sounds about right for a fanatical twit...

20. Hmm

Hmm Member

I mean, really... the short-sightedness of some of the fans here.... is quite remarkable...