1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale on the Hot Seat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, May 1, 2014.

1. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Saw this tweeted out by HoopsHype this morning which contradicts the other rumors that came out about Milk Hair's job security.

There is chatter that McHale needs to win this playoff series against the Trail Blazers to save his job. Oregonian

Peter Vecsey: Source SAYS it's all she wrote for Kevin McHale if Rockets erased in this round Twitter @PeterVecsey1

2. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source SAYS it's all she wrote for Kevin McHale if Rockets erased in this round</p>&mdash; Peter Vecsey (@PeterVecsey1) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeterVecsey1/statuses/461689784805916672">May 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I just don't think the Rockets renew his deal if he loses the round. There will be better coaches available this summer and I heard from a buddy that Milk Hair is contemplating resigning to be with his family for a while anyways.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Water is wet.

How is this even news? CyberX already leaked the info to us

5. mario_v

mario_v Member

What info? I'm not aware. What did he say?

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

LOL, this guy reads the forum, he probably saw the cyberx thread

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That seat was burning up the minute he sat in it.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My sources tell me that if the Rockets don't win on Friday night, the series is all but over.

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Needs to be canned even if we advance

10. Raven

Raven Member

Wow, what a shocking scoop! Because I would have been floored if
    McHale lost his job after the way the Rockets have played this series.

:rolleyes:

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nothing new here.

McHale MUST GO irrespective of how far we reach. He is a detriment to such a talented team and is the one holding this team back by his coaching or lack thereof.

Time for a real coach so that we can dump this clueless incompetent one.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

His seat got significantly cooler last night IMO,

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

14. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Amazes me the slack some players are given while there is none for the coach. Players lose, it's on the coach. Players win, it's no thanks to coach. Player A has a bad game? Coaches fault. Player A has good game, he'd be having good games all the time if coach knew what he was doing.

It's a young team. There are going to be pains. Could there be a better coach out there, sure, but the extent to which this one is demonized is ridiculous in my opinion.

What would be enough? Perhaps we should give him more than one season with the key players here before we act like the sky is falling.

I don't expect to change anyone's mind, I'm just saying the mob mentality on this subject is laughable.

1 person likes this.
  15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I doubt that. I don't think losing in 6 is that much better than losing in 5. It's still a first round defeat and a major disappointment(and wasted season).

Look, Peter Vescey's "sources" are full of crap a lot of times, but he's probably right regardless. The Rockets will have to make some sort of significant move this offseason if they lose in the first round. And while player personnel changes will be at the top of the list, I don't see how McHale can be given a pass on this. It's not like he had to deal with any major injuries this series(other than Bev's knee and flu). The Blazers aren't playing like they're a vastly superior team. And Howard has been everything the Rockets could've asked for when they signed him.

If the Rockets fall to the Blazers, the blame can be pointed primarily at two people: James Harden and Kevin McHale. Harden obviously isn't going anywhere, so therefore McHale will have to go. And whoever replaces him better be able to make in-game adjustments(instead of waiting til you're down 2-0) and have a more creative and diverse offense so that you can get your star shooting guard some open looks. Oh, and make your team actually play defense all game long and not just in the last 2 minutes.

16. bin

bin Member

If winning the series means Milk Hair stays then I'd rather we lose to get rid of him.
    It sounds ridiculous but it is for the long term benefit of my beloved team.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It doesn't sound ridiculous, it sounds straight up stupid.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Not saying I disagree, but Vescey is a joke and has been for years

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's a distinct possibility given that McHale's contract expires after this season, with a team option next year. So, there is a decision to be made by the team this offseason no matter what happens in the playoffs. Also, Les Alexander seems to get frustrated with his coaches every 3 or 4 years and this season is year 3-- though only year one with Howard+Harden.

I'm sure Les and Morey will sit down and look at their options.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Even if we will win this series, there is still a chance McHale will be gone in the offseason.

Morey/Les had seen enough.