1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale on DP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mattrbowers, May 24, 2011.

1. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

1 person likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

I understand it has its advantages with players, but I don't see how using a smoke screen for picking coaches would be useful. Not that it matters anyways. It seems like nowadays you'd need at least 2 healthy superstars to win anything in today's NBA.

3. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Interesting.

Hard to tell, really.
    He might just want to cover his bases... I don't know.

Alexander just came back from his business(?)-trip today, so we should know by early next week at the latest.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Regarding coaching:

Are you coaching against Erik Spoelstra next year?

I dont know. Never say never. I dont have a coaching job. These things take on a life of their own for some strange, odd reason. I am not officially a NBA coach as of today.

Would you like to be?

Right situation I would. Its a long...drawn out, tough job but there are some parts you enjoy. You always miss the commoderity as a team and being in the trenches. In the right situation. Never say never. I enjoy my work here on TNT and NBATV.

Are you close?

Thats one of those ones....no I'm not close.

We shouldnt expect something in the next couple days?

I would be surprised.

5. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

DP? Is this a Carl Herrera title?

1 person likes this.
  6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Dan Patrick.

A Herrera tittle would be something like,"Kevin McHale gets DP'ed."

7. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Yes, but DP is also a popular internet term pertaining to a sexual act involving two men and one woman, and the ClutchFans poster known as "Carl Herrera" likes to create clever titles using double entendre and racial humor.

I guess if you have to explain a joke, it isn't funny, huh?

8. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Clearly that is the better title.

<3 CH

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What's a "tittle"?

As far as the McHale talk: About what you expect from any candidate before they are formally hired. You don't want to look like a jackass by talking as if you got the inside track on the job already even if you are the leading candidate. As Feigen, Woj and others reported, it's up to Les Alexander right now.

10. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Thanks for that. I was intending on at least mentioning where in the podcast he talks about this, but forgot.