1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale: lineup will change for Game 3 tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Apr 25, 2014.

1. dmoneybangbang

We played great one on one defense on Aldridge. Our team is just too inexperienced (including the coaching staff) for us to be good on team defense. I don't want us to double Aldridge.

2. jocar

jocar Member

Daniels is starting over Harden.

3. Rockness

Rockness Member

Wish that were true.

4. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Parsons
    Howard
    Asik
    Bev
    Harden

5. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Nice dwight

6. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Lilliard, Matthews then Aldridge and the lead is closed.

7. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

I love that Daniels is in. If only because it shows McHale is at least SOMETHING else.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

And that's what happens when you sacrifice the little defense we had for more offense.

The RGV experiment was fun, not let's play some more traditional basketball.

9. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Starting to like Howard and Asik together on the floor.

10. basketballholic

Hate to gripe but McHale still can't get the rotations right. You can't let Lillard be out there with Beverley on the bench. And McHale is taking terrible risk by keeping Dwight in to defend LaMarcus after Lopez goes out. I don't understand why he can't see that he's got to match Dwight on Lopez and Asik on LaMarcus as much as possible.

The 19-2 run killed us. I didn't realize it was that bad but I did realize that we had the wrong matchups on the floor.

Also.....Portland stole some minutes by putting Freeland in there. Freeland.....that's a good matchup for DMo. There's no sense in having TT out there when Freeland is in. He ain't that good. You're taking foul risk and you're wearing the 2 bigs down. Better off to bring in an offensive guy like DMo and let him exploit Freeland on both ends of the floor.

Once again....I don't want the TT out there unless Portland is running LaMarcus/Lopez. We need both centers for later in the game and we need to preserve foul count on them. We got away with it here in the first half tonight but McHale has got to be smarter than that.

Another note: Jones looked like crap against TRob. TRob beat him down the floor repeatedly and we got away with it with some bad passes, etc. from Portland. But TRob is looking faster, quicker, and stronger than Jones out there. Better keep an eye on that matchup. I really think we're better off to go with either DMo or Casspi when TRob is in there. Spread them out better with either guy.

11. jisangNY1

jisangNY1 Member

Playing with only 7 or 8 players in the lineup will cause fatigue as the series goes along...

He should have at least a 9 man rotation--that way, he can keep everyone fresh down the stretch. There's a reason why the Rockets have struggled in the 4th quarters--because the players look gassed!