1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "(Lin) rather have 29pts and 9 TOs, I tell him 'we wanna win'""

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Feb 24, 2013.

1. timyeung

timyeung Member

I also noticed that Harden does not seem to pass the ball that much to Lin. Do you think this is because Harden wants Lin to be more aggressive when he gets the ball from Harden (ie. attack the basket) but Lin hasn't been doing so?

2. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I can't believe that Harden is doing anything more than simply reading the situation and making a decision which will result in the greatest likelihood of getting the ball through the hoop. If the ball isn't going to Lin, then maybe it's because Harden sees something else which will be more efficient?

3. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

You'll see this a lot. Don't think he trusts Lin enough. Lin will be next to him when he's double team or can't get pass his defender, and he'll either chuck it at the 3 point line or pass it cross court to Carlos.

He'll pass it to Lin who is next to him if he's extremely pressured. You'll notice this a lot.

Next year, what are the chances that Harden gets snub at the all start ballot over Lin? Lin almost beat Chris Paul with average numbers. And he was terrible in the beginning. If he continues to improve month-2-month like his stats say, he'll get fan voted into the allstar game next year over Chris Paul.

Harden doesn't have a following yet. His names not out there yet for some reason. Probably next year, depending on what he does in the playoffs and the rest of the season.

I said earlier somewhere, that this has to be on the back of harden's mind. You'll the best player on the team, but the 2nd or 3rd best player in your team and average point guard is beating you in votes. How does that make you feel?

1 person likes this.
  4. visible

visible Member

He passed more to Lin when Lin had noticable good games. Otherwise, he seemed ignored Lin a lot.

1 person likes this.
  5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

eh, I don't think Harden's got that big of a problem with Lin. Giving it to Lin when he's spotting up is not that good of a idea until recently. Parsons and the Patterson/Morris/Delfino troika were more likely to hit their spot up J's than Lin.

6. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

KYP = know your personnel

This is a huge thing for basketball players past your an average high school squad. It basically means that you should know who you're passing the ball to and in what position you're giving them the ball - it doesn't make sense to swing the ball to Big O in the corner for a 3 as an obvious example. Another clear example: You don't give the ball to a big man early on the fast break to make him ball handle, but you give him a pass up around his chest late and let him finish.

I think James is very aggressive and tends to make passes/plays that have a potential to lead to points, and sometimes he doesn't give the ball to Jeremy because he knows he won't shoot the shot. It's not a bad thing, but Jeremy should be more aggressive and he'll end up with the ball in his hands more.

7. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

LOL, can we say it another way? When he passed more to Lin so Lin had noticeable good games, when h ignored Lin so Lin had bad games? No big deal, they will figure it out. Actually sometimes Lin ignores Harden a lot like last game.

8. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

This sounds a little paranoid. Do you really think Harden is trying to shut out Lin because he gets more All- Star votes? Barring injury Harden almost a lock to be on the All-Star team for the next decade. I just really think some of you are completely over-analyzing everything.

9. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Not from the fan voting as it's going to be (1)Kobe (2)CP3/Lin and (3) CP3/Lin until either one of them shifts to the East or retires. Harden will have to get in by coaches only. Lillard, Curry, Parker, and a healthy Rubio could create problems for Harden if he doesn't have numbers like this season.

10. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I don't think it has to do with Harden not trusting Lin or him being scared of losing his All-Star spot to Lin. I think they might not have a close relationship because Lin is jealous of Harden. Lin left NY so he could get a better contract but also to be the lead guy in Houston. Then Morey signed Harden and all of a sudden he was second fiddle. He's probably angry at Morey for that and I think he might be jealous of Harden. Which is okay since he had expectations that he was going to be the man when he signed his contract so he has the right to be angry. But remember last game in Dallas he didn't assist to Harden at all even though Harden kept giving him the ball. In the Lin highlights video he didn't even get Harden one shot. I understand why he's mad, but I just hope he doesn't hold that grudge for the rest of his contract.

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

What?

12. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Exactly, Harden isn't trying to ruin Lin's game so he won't take his all star votes.

That's crazy, do you also think there are lizard people?

13. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

lol above post are just nuts. paranoid.

14. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Rubio.....:grin: The guy had what over 100,000 votes for not even playing.:)

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

How is a healthy Rubio going to provide a challenge for Harden in the reserves selection?

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Need to come up with a better conspiracy guys. You ain't trying hard enough.

17. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Can we just turn this into the fan fic thread? I have one about Lin hating Patrick Beverly.

18. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Absolutely ridiculous. What's frightening is that I know you are serious.

19. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

lol people are reaching here. Harden and Lin don't ignore each other.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually - they are right...Harden doesn't pass the ball to Lin as much because he fears that Lin will shine like a golden fist high in the afternoon sun and take all the wonderful glory away from him.

This is James Harden's team. Not Jeremy Lin's team. Jeremy Lin is Harden's butt tool. You got that? And he's just laying the law down by iso'ing Lin. It's all part of the master plan to contain Lin, that's what McFail is doing too. He's afraid that if Lin becomes the golden fist with the best fighting spirit, then McFail will no longer be needed and Lin will pick a Chinese coach to take his place. Plus they don't want the NBA's biggest star to be Taiwanese American. They don't think Asians deserve the glory - it is only for man of deep color or no color (Lebron, Jordan, Bird, Nash).

Lin is not the right color to be a star, and so Harden and McFail work to keep things between black and white only. Now the truth is out.

Sorry CF, I had to do it. I had to tell the truth.