1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "(Lin) rather have 29pts and 9 TOs, I tell him 'we wanna win'""

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Feb 24, 2013.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Basically you're just saying that you could coach the Rockets better than McHale. This is not new: every fan feels smarter than every coach.

2. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

The true story of fifteen strangers, picked to play on a team, work together and have their lives taped, to find out what happens when people stop being polite... and start getting real.

Seriously, this is ridiculous. This team probably has less drama than any I've ever seen and they all seem to like and support each other. I wonder if the players and coaches ever read these idiotic threads and laugh at all of you. This is an NBA team. Most of the posters on here are adults with actual jobs and kids and responsibilities I'm assuming but the majority of you act like a bunch of 9th grade girls. Sometimes this is worse than the old un-moderated ESPN boards.

3. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

and with a relatively low 20% usage.

4. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

karolik you just got PWNed.

I'm a firm believer that Jeremy when aggressive will have a lot of turnovers but like Steve Nash in Phx and Westbrook the aggression absolutely overwhelms the downside with the turnovers. when JL attacks, the rockets win. every time Jeremy has 6 TOs they win. part of that is on McHale, part of that is on Jeremy himself. I'll take 6 TOs and a win any day. it's like Linsanity in NY. but the turnovers! stfu, you're WINNING.

5. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

Are you here just to say McHale is doing great job and is the perfect coach for this team? Ok we get it, now let other people have their opinions. Why dont you start a Mchale for coach of the year thread and go hang out there.

6. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

So the coach is off-limits to criticism like Harden and Parsons?

Jeremy is a good PG and McHale is a terrible coach. I've been saying that all year despite anger and ridicule.

In time you will see that I was right.

7. kastuul

kastuul Member

Mchale said he wants big guys to play in&out, not small ball.
    But Morey and Les like it.
    I wonder if they are on the same page or not.

8. pacmania

pacmania Member

So that confirms he was really hired to be a toady. I doubt the veracity of that. As a coach you're being paid millions of dollars for your technical knowledge of the game.

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Sure, the coach can be criticized, but does it take seventy pages to do it? Personally, I like McHale least when compared to Adelman and VanGundy. I'm just not obsessed with the emotions of Kevin McHale and Jeremy Lin. You guys create this artificial antagonism: the Rockets are supposedly divided. You're wrong. You're just spazzing with hormones or something. The team is unified and there's no big drama and Lin is not struggling with feelings of resentment or confidence or whatever. They are men, OK, and professionals. There doesn't need to be a showdown at high noon between Lin and McHale with "this team's not big for both of us" or something. Just relax and enjoy the team.

10. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

Didnt a showdown just happen last year with lowery?

11. grauser01

grauser01 Member

I just do not understand why McHale does not want Lin to be aggressive! It is his greatest strength. Without this he is just an average player. Ok, he is still the assists leader but still nothing special and nobody who can carry a team.

So just let him play his game. Do not let Delfino or Parsons dribble and do the pg jobs!

Increase Lin's TOs but decrease team's TOs.

McHale, don't do your mistakes again and again!

12. pacmania

pacmania Member

With all due respect , most fans don't care about whether a coach is "likable" personally but rather whether or not he is effective as a coach: motivator, strategies and system.
    Whether or not the criticism is constructive in that seeks to motivate is the point of discussion. Most effective coaches like Phil Jackson seek to get their point accross in the media but their statements have substance and motivate a player to do something.

13. MonKing

MonKing Member

ClutchFans has lots of enthusiastic members but efficient discussions? Not so much.

14. dxdx

dxdx Member

spot on. Mcfail only seems to be able to play the role of a sub-par motivator.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I like both Lin and McHale, and the team is performing better than I expected this year, so I'm not complaining. Guess I'll leave you guys to it.

16. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Only because he was injured and dragic was playing amazing basketball while he was replacing Lowry. Once Lowry returned he had lost his starting position and he wasn't too happy with that. It wasn't because Lowry didn't like Mchale (could have been true, but I think the starting spot was the main reason)

17. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

The more I think about all of this the more pissed off I get. Woodson featured Lin more on a team with CARMELO ANTHONY, probably one of the highest usage players in recent history. And the team was better off for it. Lin should be asked to shoulder more of the burden for the Rockets, it would be to the team's benefit. Yes he doesn't help his cause with his inconsistent play, but the fact remains he's not being utilized correctly.

I mean, there are plays this season in which ****ing Delfino initiates the offense in the half court over Lin. It's a joke. At some point, Jeremy just needs to do what's best for the team and assert himself more no matter what directions he's being given.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Jason Kidd career usage 19.3%
    John Stockton career usage 18.9%
    Steve Nash career usage 21%
    Magic Johnson career usage 19.4%

Please stop with this argument, it's really really really really really really stupid.

19. timyeung

timyeung Member

“Sometimes he’d rather have 29 points and nine turnovers and I tell him, ‘Jeremy, we’re trying to win,’ ”

The sad thing for Lin now is that if he does not score enough the LOH will crucify him. If Lin tries to score too much coach Mchale will be angry at him.

20. Penetrate&Creat

If he doesn't listen to his coach and goes rogue, he's gonna get b****ed and benched.