1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mchale has to go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Angelc11, Feb 20, 2015.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Cool, so obviously you can spit out a better rotation off the top of your head. Show us! Help McGenocide coach properly!

[Waiting for NotChandlerParsons' improved rotation . . .]

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Bahaha, they're just trying to get out of the first round of the playoffs.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U7fjDS0jKiE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

At this point Moret should start coaching the team. He is a Great Basketball mind, right. :grin:

4. NotChandlerParsons

Calling him McGenocide seems pretty childish to me. Not sure why you felt the need to do that. He's a nice guy.

5. NotChandlerParsons

Let's imagine that I am in charge of a hospital. I'm not a surgeon, but I am in charge of hiring 30 surgeons. If one of the surgeon's patients keep bleeding out and dying, I can't hop in there and torniquet them, but I can suggest that a surgeon with a better track record be hired.

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I didn't day replace in the starting line up. I'm simply saying when a guy is bricking everyshot he takes as well as taking stupid shots he should gind his way to the bench. Last night yet again was a perfect example of this. When Arizas shot is off which is more than half the time he becomes a huge liability in crunch time because he keeps shooting. Mcahle either needs to be a coach and talk to him about taking smart shots or take him out.

But this is bebesides the fact. If we had an NBA level offense where people ran and set screens our offense woulf be so much better.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

These don't look like the rotations you got off your iPad. Still waiting. . . .

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

So the one thing you are upset about is that Pap needs to be subbed in for Ariza sooner. Anything else?

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Are you McHale? If so your rotations should depend on energy level and whos hot and whos not. Like with Dorsey last night.

10. dmoneybangbang

What are you talking about? We constantly switch....

Our biggest downfall is our 3 pt %, we'd probably be 2nd in the west if our guys were collectively shooting near their career 3 pt averages.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No, I'm not McHale. So you're saying Dorsey deserves more minutes in the rotation?

12. NotChandlerParsons

I don't own an iPad dude. You're gonna be waiting a long time to get one over on a dude on the internet and do a totally sweet takedown of my rotation ideas, but I bet it'll be pretty awesome when you do.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

So, you don't have a better rotation. . . .

14. SemisolidSnake

I don't even care if he said this just for PR purposes, I've heard the whole "players love to play for so-and-so" bull**** more than enough times in my life. I'm sure players love playing for Gregg Popovich, and you know Pop doesn't put up with any crap from his players. Still, I'm convinced most players "love playing for so-and-so" because so-and-so doesn't get on their case for playing like ass. Every time I hear that phrase, if I don't have context, I immediately assume the team could be better than it is.

15. dmoneybangbang

MCGenocide? Seriously, go play in traffic you dumb teenager.

16. bongman

bongman Member

Then the warriors and hawks must be crazy out of this world good because that is what they say about their coaches. Can't imagine how they would look like once they reach their potential.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm saddened we are stuck with such a terrible coach. Great players coach, horrible at actually coaching. Bleh.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Here we go again :rolleyes:

We aren't going to beat good teams without Dwight unless our guys play out of their minds. Without a full strength Dwight, we are a 45 win team. We aren't going to beat these other playoff teams.

So far, in this thread the only tangible coaching tactic I've seen is that we didn't play K.Pap instead of Ariza. If that is your beef, do you really really think this is about coaching, I mean really?

1 person likes this.
  19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Maybe you should reread my posts.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Kostas is never hot.

He is shooting 35% on the season.

Dorsey wasn't hot, he got left wide open on a few dunks created by penetration in the first 8 minutes of th first. Carlisle closed that defensive hole by the second quarter.