1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale has finally broken the camel's back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pollaxt, Apr 1, 2013.

1. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

@Jonathan_Feigen: Lin on if expected to go back in."I seem to be allergic to 4th 1/4s these days so I didn't know what to expect. They told us to stay ready."

Lol Lin isn't a happy camper

2. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Jonathan Feigen Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen 28m

Lin, of course, was laughing. I'm sure there will be many that will read that and won't laugh along.

3. mclawson

mclawson Member

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen 46m
    Lin, of course, was laughing. I'm sure there will be many that will read that and won't laugh along.

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen 40m
    Exactly. RT @BimaThug: The funniest part is that Lin is likely laughing more about "those who aren't laughing" than about his playing time.

Way to tell the whole story, bro.

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

He obviously has an agenda.

5. jocar

jocar Member

You used to be objective, what happened?

If Lin was in the 5 of the group he kept on the floor you'd be cheering "BRAVO!!! For taking a risk, having faith, and building Lin and the other 4 guys' confidence!"

6. torocan

torocan Member

First, you can't use a numerical term like "exponentially" when there is no mathematical data or studies on the topic. A hypothesis on whether icing would increase the chance of injury is just that, a hypothesis. Without actual data from studies, there is no way to know with any level of confidence whether it increases the chance of injury or has no impact on injury at all.

As for decreases in athletic performance, the study in question was a randomize small scale study (16 participants), none of them were professional athletes, and there was no quantitative measure of the actual decline in performance. It could have been 50%, or it could have been 5%... there is NO data from that study specifying the actual decline.

It is quite possible that the Starters would have been worse than the bench, but it is at least equally possible that the Starters would have been superior to the bench.

In other words, in the absence of actual data there are no conclusions to be drawn regarding the impact of icing on actual in-game performance or risk of injury to the starters.

And yes, I do fully understand how statistics work in clinical and research trials. The data from those trials use standard statistical methods, which anyone who has studied statistics at a collegiate level could tell you.

7. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Wrong, if Lin was playing as poorly in the last minutes, I say let Bev play instead to save from almost losing the game. Common sense Jocar.:eek:

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

hah, so predictable

1 person likes this.
  9. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Laughing or not, he meant what he said. If you watched the game, when Magic came back within 8, Lin was saying something towards the coaching staff and McHale just waived him off. Go rewatch it. Guys ignoring this fiasco are the same ones who thought McHale loved Lowry until the interview where Lowry went off on him.

10. torocan

torocan Member

Um, I've never posted about Lin or the starters' confidence when it comes to line ups. Not once. If Lin is having a poor night, I'm okay with sitting him if Beverley is having a good night.

If Lin and Beverley are both having okay nights and the game is close, I think Lin is the best option because I think he's the better player than Beverley unless there's an obvious mismatch.

I'm rarely good with sitting Asik in tight contests because his role is defensive. Unless he's having mismatch problems, he should always be closing games because nobody is remotely close at guarding the paint.

I do think Parsons and Harden get too many minutes for their long term health.

In the Indiana game I think the Starters should have played part of the 4th because they're better players and you do what you need to try to get a win when it's a 3 possession game.

No idea where you get this "bravo" stuff from...

11. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Now you are just making crap p, when he does that, point it out. Talk about this current decision not some hypothetical mumbo jumbo. And I won't speak for him, but if McHale had benched all the starters except Lin and we almost lose because of it, heck I would still be upset.

12. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Yeah! Why listen to the guy who was there and talked to Jeremy when you can listen to a pissed off Lin fan who never has anything positive to say??

13. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Wow so many intelligent and wonderful comments from the vets with all these green lights. SO what are these greenlights stand for again???:grin:

14. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I seriously believe we'd be 45-29 right now had McHale and Sampson not benched Lin at very questionable times in several games early in the season. They simply are not good coaches.

This team's success is due to the players, not the coaching staff. McHale is absolutely horrible at making in-game adjustments. Reminds me of JVG and makes me yearn for Adelman. McHale's ineptitude should be obvious to anyone who has closely watched each game this season.

15. jocar

jocar Member

Even if the stars aligned, and he so happened to make one right choice, so help us God.... the people who don't like Mchale will still say he made a dumb sub. That's what's aggravating. Common sense YoungGods. ;)

16. landryfans

landryfans Member

Lin will be benched @4th either play too well (with a big lead) or quite bad(regardless lead or not), both of case give Mchale incentive to play Beverly.

1 person likes this.
  17. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Mchale got nothing but praises from the last game.

18. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Dude you still around? Are you saying Lin didn't mean what he said just because he was laughing when he said it? Gtfo and stop trolling Lin related topics when all you do is talk nonsense.

19. cmellon

cmellon Member

As it should be. If we lose with starters back, at least we try and we do things right. But if we lose today, it's not excusable.

20. Gertso

Gertso Member

I liked the part where you referred to the playoffs as "The Show". Riveting stuff man. :grin: