1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale has finally broken the camel's back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pollaxt, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Yes, because torocan, the respected articulate calm poster is the one that should calm down and not the moron who has no reply but childish cursing.

I apologize to all the r****ds out there, I know REEKO is giving you a bad name right now, SMH for shame reeko!:eek:

2. tested911

tested911 Member

I'm probably one of the very few that is "OK" w/ Mchale decisions..

To me this year wasn't going to be championship year and if we made the playoffs good job. Now that we are in the playoff hunt I feel Mchale did alright w/ trusting his folks on the floor. Personally it wouldn't matter to me if we lost or won because we still have a long way to go. Now that the reserves got a chance to close it out, hopefully the confidence grows with them. We are going to make the playoffs and we are going to need every single person on the bench to play at that next level.

I remember back in the 90's that is how old school NBA use to play it out.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

If you want to talk probability, the probability that our starters would get injured or play badly in the last few minutes goes up exponentially after they've been iced down and out of the game for so long.

I know you can't find such things with your stats, so it may be beyond your scope of understanding.

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

with your logic, should mchale gave starters to finish memphis game and gain experience to win from behind? should gave lin trust to finish game when he was benched due to his some poor plays? so they could move forward.

5. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Only one of us

Knows how tired these players are;

Probably the coach

6. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Was this typed in to a translator or are you drunk? Either way, stfu with trying to use logic to win arguments right now cause it is not working out for you chief.

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

By the way the correct term is "Straw that broke the camel's back". :eek:

8. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

That would have been my biggest concern too. If McHale put them in and they got injured... oh my gosh, can you imagine this forum?

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Starters got to rest, youngins got experience, Rockets get the victory.

It was the ideal outcome.

10. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Totally agree. Of course obviously at that point it was too late to bring in the starters as they were already cold.

But the management of the players prior to that period could've been done much better. McHale gambled and got lucky this time. But it just goes to show a trend in his inability to adjust.

And guys, the OP is a 2003er so please stop bringing Lin or whoever into this. Unless you're saying he has a time machine or can predict the future :grin:

11. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

Is this one of the McHale's patent "throw games down the stretch so they miss the playoff" move? Wow.

12. mclawson

mclawson Member

Hah, you beat me to it!

And I guess all of my non-Ware-like injury examples are likely to happen. Especially the Parsons/Sweet Suzie one.

13. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Agree with you 100%!

14. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i know. i just can't believe ppl here give tons of excuses for machale's last move. a mistake is a mistake. just like lin's TO. a TO is a TO. you can't say a TO is good coz we win that game. i know some LOFs did that. but now those pre-12ers did exactly crazy argument in the same way as those LOFs.

15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

LOL, what a pansy.

"Something inside me broke"

This isn't dragon ball z you dramatist.

1 person likes this.
  16. mclawson

mclawson Member

It was probably just his ovaries.

2 people like this.
  17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I love the premise of the original thread:

McHale needs to win a championship before he's allowed to coach the way he wants to coach. Until he has, he needs to coach the way some moron fan wants.

OR, to put it another way:
    McHale coached a win in a close game, but should be coaching differently in order to secure a win.

So hilariously idiotic. Thanks for the read, 1 star thread.

1 person likes this.
  18. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

I don't even know how this can be argued. We won yes, but it was a bad decision. The only argument you can have is it makes the game more exciting.

1) magic was running with momentum could have easily swung the points around at the 5 pt deficit.
    2) does not build bench confidence as the unnecessary lost a huge blowout lead. They'd probably be thinking that they player the turd at that moment.
    3) does not build starters confidence as they see their effort goes to waste.
    4) does not give experience for starters to finish games, awhile giving unnecessary experience to bench to finish game as the chances to be out there to finish games are slim.

I agree some people are unnecessary complaining. But to argue against it being a bad decision is absurd.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I forgot to also point out that the OP thinks he's a camel. Oh my?

1 person likes this.
  20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I actually like how he handled it. And trob getting the green light too.