1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale Harden dispute on TV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fair Dinkum, Apr 30, 2013.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Whether they do or not Harden is played like garbage and he's being stubborn as hell about it.

2. langal

langal Contributing Member

Every thread turns into LOF/LOH war in the middle of page 2? What's the over/under? 14 posts?

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm Definitely reaching! because I seriously cant fathom why no one runs to pick him up after a hard fall. Sometimes Asik would be right there and just leaves him there. A ball boy coming to your aid after 4 guys were just there watching you practically break your tailbone blows my mind.

4. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

you are ridiculous. people like you ruin these forums.

5. sweetness1

sweetness1 Member

Damn, y'allz is dense.

New flash: THE PLAYERS DON'T RESPECT MCHALE.

I know, shocking. Just absorb for that a moment. Here it is again:

THE PLAYERS DON'T RESPECT MCHALE.

They never have, quite frankly. Witness Chandler's forearm shiver to mchale. Lin disregarding Mac's play calling against San Antonio and Harden now.

This team wins on the basis of talent. The coaching has nothing to do with it.

6. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

WOW. I never saw Harden's teammates not helping him up. Were you at the game seeing this?

It's great Bev found Parsons for those baskets instead of giving it up to Harden like Lin does, BUT, this is not the answer. For a championship team, I think everyone needs to be unified and on the same page... including the coach. This cannot be allowed to continue and be swept under the rug.

7. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

As the OP, can I please ask everyone to stay on topic. I'm sick of this LOF/LOH bull. No more mention of it PLEASE! This is about McHale, Harden, Clutch time and the team.

8. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

Harden just want to take the last shot because that's what top players do. There would be more criticism if he always passed up the last shot. So at least we don't have that problem.

9. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

Harden said in an interview that he is the leader of the team.
    Looks like he is calling the plays and taking the shots at end of games.
    You can count on everyone else just standing around.

This just shows Harden is selfish and doesnt believe in team play.

10. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

if next game is close, we will know who really controls the team.

11. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

When Harden said he had no rhythm because "he was benched in the 4th for too long" was he taking a shot at McHale?

12. coffeelover665

its ok Harden is just going through a phase that all great ball player go through. IT'll pass

13. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

Harden isn't the lovable bearded teammate everyone thinks he is.

14. CCM721

CCM721 Member

No he was referring to his foul trouble. He said later that he had to stop hacking guys.

1 person likes this.
  15. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I don't think he was taking a shot at McHale because he had 5 fouls. He was justifying why he missed those shots. I really didn't like the justification though because he doesn't realise he was shooting badly for that entire game and the last 2 months, it was a bad shot to take a step back 3 with a hand your face. Result... AIRBALL.

16. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Welp. This is troubling, to say the least.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Why did he HAVE to take the last 3 shots? He couldn't have passed on one of those attempts?

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Noone is denying Harden is a liability right now, but the notion that Harden is stopping lin from greatness is just outlandish.

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

WTF are you talking about?... Harden isn't seeing ****! He isn't looking for ****. he wants to be the hero. I hope he changes but he ain't no Kevin Durant. The thing is Kevin Durant doesn't even try the stupid **** Harden does. Yes he is the best player on the team but he isn't the best player in the league. He wants to be the hero but he ain't.

All he did was lose two games for us and almost lost a third. If we sit him at the end of the 4th in the 3rd game we are tied 2-2 in this series. His teammates aren't picking him up. he's bringing them down. Yes he is talented but that doesn't mean he is not playing stupid right now. I saw McHale scream at Harden in L.A.. Harden isn't listening.

He was much more humble in OKC. Or maybe not. Maybe that is why OKC dumped him. He seems to be turning into an arrogant jerk here. It's like the big contract got to him. After the all star break he started believing he was as good as Durant and Lebron. It's Tmac all over. If he keeps this up he might be great trade bait. It could just be temporary. Maybe he will get it's about winning and the team. Right now he acts like he has won something. he hasn't won ****. He choked against miami and he is choking now.

The only way to manage this is to bench him. I know it's the playoffs and McHale can't risk it. But if Harden starts playing stupid for long stretches in a close game tomorrow, he has to do it for the sake of the team. I have complained about McHale and his coaching in the past but clearly he is butting his head against Harden. If Sampson signs with the Bobcats then I want to keep McHale. And if we keep McHale I hope Les is smart enough to give him some leeway on controlling Harden. Of course they have to talk first and see if he can get through to him. McHale needs to call him in and have a one on one. If that doesn't work then benching him for stretches is the next step.

I know this is jumping the gun and he could come around. But the signs keep moving more and more in one direction. I don't want to make the TMac mistake and get stuck with a talented loser. If he doesn't come around then trade his ass while he is a hot commodity. I know he is a talent. I know he can do things that many in this league can do. I know the way he drives to the basket and gets points or fouled or both is a very rare commodity. But if he is not going to use those skills down the stretch in big games, if he is not going to listen to coach, if he thinks he is the only reason we win, if he is just going to play ISO and say it's on me like he is the one that wins the games than lets figure that out now and trade him for some assets that can help. I hope all this goes away soon. because I have never been more excited about a Rockets team since they upset L.A. in the playoff game 1. I thought the future was ahead of us. I was feeling that to a lesser degree recently because of Harden and this Young squad. But if Harden is not that team player and not willing to whatever it takes to win I do not want him on this squad.

#59 Old Man Rock, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
    3 people like this.
  20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

True but that has nothing to do with this thread or a few other threads about Harden. LOF haters are just as annoying as LOFs, bringing up their tendencies. As of right now no more talk of anything Lin-related. This is a Harden/McHale thread.